Geraldine A. Cheverko
Gerri Cheverko advises and represents banks, subsidiaries, servicers, and investors in contested residential mortgage foreclosures, quiet title, and predatory lending actions. Her commercial litigation practice also includes the areas of complex commercial litigation, lender liability, products liability, toxic torts, general liability, and class actions.
Gerri has successfully litigated numerous matters in Connecticut and New York state and federal appellate courts. In addition, Gerri has experience in defending actions in both state and federal courts based on alleged violations of Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), and Truth in Lending Act (TILA). Gerri also has experience in identifying and analyzing title defects, drafting curative documents, and litigating title issues.
In addition to her litigation experience, Gerri has counseled nationwide financial institutions and services on risks avoidance with respect to litigated matters. She has also handled mediations and arbitrations for clients.
Following law school, Gerri served as a law clerk to Hon. Joan Glazer Margolis, U.S. Magistrate Judge for the District of Connecticut.
- U.S. Bank National Ass’n v. Paula Guy, 125 A.D.3d 845 (2d Dept. 2015)
- Wells Fargo Bank v. Allen, 130 A.D.3d 717 (2d Dept. 2015)
- JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. v. Roseman, 137 A.D.3d 1222 (2d Dept. 2016)
- U.S. Bank National Ass’n v. Sorrentino, 158 Conn. App. 84 (2015)
- Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. v. Ali, 122 A.D.3d 726 (2d Dept. 2014);
- U.S. Bank National Ass’n v. Patterson, 102 A.D.3d 858 (2d Dept 2013)
- Pollard v. Credit Suisse First Boston Mortgage Capital, LLC, 66 A.D.3d 862 (2d Dept. 2009)
- Dupkanicova v. Vasiloff, 35 A.D.3d 650 (2d Dept. 2006)
- Federal Bar Council
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut
J.D., cum laude, Pace University Law School, 2000; Editor-in-Chief, Pace Law Review
B.B.A., summa cum laude, Pace University, 1986,