Victoria D. Britton
Victoria Britton concentrates her practice in the areas of land use and real estate law. She represents clients in the acquisition, sale, and development of commercial and residential real estate as well as municipal and land development matters. She has represented land use boards in the development approval process, and has defended land use approvals for clients throughout New Jersey. She is also experienced in representing municipal clients regarding affordable housing matters.
Victoria is an instructor for the New Jersey Planning Officials, an association of planning and zoning boards of adjustment, for which she teaches seminars focused on New Jersey’s Municipal Land Use Law. She is also a member of Affordable Housing Professionals of New Jersey, an organization that supports affordable housing through dialogue, ethical standards, education, advocacy and policy guidance.
- Represented clients in the acquisition, sale, and development of commercial and residential real estate.
- Represented both municipal and private clients in a range of municipal and land development matters.
- Represented municipal clients before the Council on Affordable Housing and the courts on affordable housing matters.
- Represented employees and individuals in a variety of employment matters.
- Represented clients in state and federal courts at all levels.
- Affordable Housing Professionals of New Jersey
- New Jersey Planning Officials, Instructor
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Judicial and Prosecutorial Appointment Committee, New Jersey State Bar Association
- Burlington County Bar Association
- District VII Ethics Committee
- President-Elect of the Somerset County Bar Association
- Moorestown Alliance for Diversity and Equity (MADE), Secretary
- Friends of Somerset Regional Animal Shelter, Board of Trustees
- Kids in Need of Defense (KIND), pro bono attorney
Awards and Recognition:
- Selected for inclusion for the Continental Who’s Who, Pinnacle Professional Member
- Selected for recognition by the Mid Atlantic Real Estate Journal 40 under 40 edition, 2020
News and Insights
- “Overview of New Jersey’s zoning and planning laws,” instructional class focused on new zoning and planning board members for New Jersey Planning Officials, June 2020.
- “The Lowdown on Getting High,” panel presenter for the 104th Annual New Jersey State League of Municipalities Conference, November 2019.
- “Affordable Housing Law from Mount Laurel I to Today: A View from 60,000 Feet Up,” panel presentation to the Somerset County Bar Assocation Marathon CLE Day, October 2019.
- “Effective and Practical Assistance for Affordable Homebuyers,” panel presentation to the Affordable Housing Professionals of New Jersey, April 2019.
- “Planning for Millennials,” presented at the League of Municipalities Conference in Atlantic City, November 13, 2018.
- “Protecting and Acquiring Foreclosed Properties,” panel presentation to the Affordable Housing Professionals of New Jersey Symposium, June 20, 2018.
- “Overview of Responsibilities, Duties and Consideration of Members,” presented to the new zoning and planning board members for the New Jersey Planning Officials, February 2018.
- “Planning Gremlins and Pitfalls,” New Jersey Planning Officials annual New Jersey State League of Municipalities Conference, November 2017.
- “Contract to Closing: Essentials to Remember for First Time Home Buyers,” Mercer County Office of Housing and Community Development, June 2017.
- Instructor, Training Program for New Board Members, Middlesex County, New Jersey Planning Officials, February 2017.