V. Amanda Witts
Amanda Witts concentrates her practice on litigating complex mass tort, products liability, employment and commercial matters, working with clients across a broad range of industry sectors, including representing clients in the flavorings, fragrance, pharmaceutical, automotive, higher education, food and managed services industries. Amanda represents litigants at all stages of litigation in federal and state court across jurisdictions. Beyond her trial experience, Amanda has led internal investigations and routinely counsels clients on employment and human resources issues.
In addition to working in private practice, Amanda previously served as the Deputy General Counsel of the Pennsylvania Convention Center Authority (PCCA). There, Amanda managed litigation brought against the PCCA and advised internal stakeholders on legal, administrative, procedure and regulatory matters. Additionally, Amanda refined and oversaw the PCCA’s Diversity, Inclusion & Anti-Discrimination Program.
Amanda is passionate about creating and ensuring pathways for underserved populations to higher education and competitive careers. To that end, she serves as an active Board Member for Breakthrough of Greater Philadelphia and Philadelphia OIC, organizations which help to eradicate the barriers by creating training and access to educational opportunities and job training.
- Senior associate and member of trial team in toxic flavoring litigation, managing approximately 90 cases across five states and working with team to develop and implement litigation, discovery and trial strategies.
- Second chaired the successful defense of a school district in a federal jury trial involving claims of discrimination and retaliation.
- Member of trial team that successfully defended a university against tort claims against a $60M demand.
- Represented automotive manufacturer in products liability and class action matters in both federal and state courts.
- National Bar Association
- Barristers’ Association of Philadelphia
- Philadelphia OIC, Board Member/Chair of Governance Committee
- Breakthrough of Greater Philadelphia, Board Member/Chair of Human Resources Committee
- Vine Memorial Baptist Church, Trustee
Awards and Recognition:
- Selected for inclusion in Pennsylvania Super Lawyers – Rising Stars
- Recognized by Fun Times Magazine as a 2018 Woman of Influence
- President’s Award for Service & Leadership, The Barristers’ Association of Philadelphia
- Recognized by The Legal Intelligencer as a Lawyer on the Fast Track
News and Insights
- “Helping a Lateral Associate Adapt to the Firm’s Culture,” co-author, The Legal Intelligencer, Laterals Supplement, February 2013
- “Free Speech or Free-for-All? Speech Codes or Anything Goes? Assessing and Advising on Free Expression of Ideas on Campus by Invited Speaker” CLE presentation for NACUA, June 2014
- “When Employment Law and Law Enforcement Intersect” CLE presentation for DRI Employment and Labor Law Conference, April 2013