V. Amanda Witts
Amanda Witts is an experienced litigation who concentrates her practice on complex mass tort, products liability, employment, commercial and insurance defense matters, working with clients across a broad range of industry sectors, including representing clients in the flavorings, fragrance, pharmaceutical, automotive, higher education, healthcare, insurance, food and managed services industries. Beyond her trial experience, Amanda has led internal investigations and routinely counsels clients on employment and human resources issues.
Amanda previously served as the Deputy General Counsel of the Pennsylvania Convention Center Authority (PCCA). There, Amanda managed litigation brought against the PCCA, led internal investigations on employment-related issues and advised internal stakeholders on legal, administrative, and regulatory matters. Additionally, Amanda refined and oversaw the PCCA’s Diversity, Inclusion & Anti-Discrimination Program.
Amanda is passionate about creating and ensuring pathways for underserved populations to access higher education and competitive careers. To that end, she serves as an active Board Member for Breakthrough of Greater Philadelphia and Philadelphia OIC, organizations which help eradicate barriers by creating training programs and access to educational opportunities, and providing job training.
- Senior associate and member of trial team in toxic flavoring litigation, managing approximately 100 cases across five states and working with team to develop and implement litigation, discovery and trial strategies.
- Second chaired the successful defense of a school district in a federal jury trial involving claims of discrimination and retaliation.
- Member of trial team that successfully defended a university against tort claims with a $60M demand.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of hospital in case brought pursuant to PA Whistleblower Law.
- Represented automotive manufacturer in products liability and class action matters in both federal and state courts.
- National Bar Association
- Barristers’ Association of Philadelphia
- Philadelphia OIC, Board Member/Chair of Governance Committee
- Breakthrough of Greater Philadelphia, Board Member/Chair of Human Resources Committee
- Vine Memorial Baptist Church, Trustee
Awards and Recognition:
- Received a 2021 Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch recognition for Product Liability Litigation – Defendants
- Selected for inclusion in Pennsylvania Super Lawyers – Rising Stars
- Recognized by Fun Times Magazine as a 2018 Woman of Influence
- President’s Award for Service & Leadership, The Barristers’ Association of Philadelphia
- Recognized by The Legal Intelligencer as a Lawyer on the Fast Track
News and Insights
- “Helping a Lateral Associate Adapt to the Firm’s Culture,” co-author, The Legal Intelligencer, Laterals Supplement, February 2013
- “An Eckert Seamans Tribute to Ruth Bader Ginsburg,” panelist, October 20, 2020.
- “Free Speech or Free-for-All? Speech Codes or Anything Goes? Assessing and Advising on Free Expression of Ideas on Campus by Invited Speaker” CLE presentation for NACUA, June 2014
- “When Employment Law and Law Enforcement Intersect” CLE presentation for DRI Employment and Labor Law Conference, April 2013