Tricia S. Springer
Tricia Springer concentrates her practice in labor and employment matters, administrative law, and civil litigation. Tricia represents both public and private sector employers in labor and employment issues including hiring, termination, and employee discipline; contract negotiations; interest arbitrations; grievance arbitrations; and employment-related litigation. Tricia also conducts and counsels employers on workplace investigations, including allegations of employee misconduct.
Tricia further represents governmental entities and private parties in connection with the Pennsylvania Right to Know Law and educational institutions in connection with the Federal Educational Rights and Privacy Act.
Tricia also has spent a substantial portion of her practice representing hospitals, physicians, and other health care professionals in the administrative arena as well as at both the trial and appellate levels.
Prior to obtaining her law degree, Tricia practiced as a physical therapist for several years, facilitating the rehabilitation of patients in both inpatient and outpatient settings.
While attending law school, Tricia was a law clerk for the Honorable J. Michael Eakin of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania. She also served as a law clerk for the Honorable P. Kevin Brobson of the Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania and as a legal intern in the Governor’s Office of General Counsel for the Pennsylvania Department of Health.
Tricia was the Valedictorian of her law school class. She also served on the Law Review, was President of the Moot Court Honor Society, received the Health Law Certificate, earned 17 Certificates of Achievement and was awarded the Distinguished Service Award.
- Represented employers in grievance arbitrations and employment discrimination lawsuits.
- Represented employers in defending against claims of discrimination in front of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission.
- Provided counsel on employment policies and handbooks.
- Investigated workplace harassment complaints.
- Represented municipalities, school district, and private parties in open records appeals.
- Represented health care professionals in licensing disputes.
- Defended physicians and hospitals in medical professional liability actions at trial and appellate levels.
- Advised clients on release of medical records and compliance with HIPAA as well as state laws.
- Advised client on how to minimize and manage medical professional liability risk.
- American Health Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Dauphin County Bar Association
- James S. Bowman American Inn of Court
- William W. Lipsitt American Inn of Court
- Widener University Commonwealth Law School Alumni Association, Board Member
News and Insights
- “Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry Submits Its Final Overtime Rule for Approval,” Eckert Seamans' Labor & Employment Alert October 2019.