Thomas J. Infurna
Chair, Real Estate Finance
Tom Infurna has practiced for almost 34 years in commercial real estate law and asset-based finance, focusing on permanent and construction financing, mezzanine, bridge and term loans, mortgage loan sales and purchases, distressed debt portfolios, loan restructurings, workouts, and foreclosures. He has represented a variety of financial institutions, including commercial, investment, and savings banks; conduit lenders; life insurance and capital companies; pension fund advisors; and real estate investors and developers in a wide range of transactions. Transactions have included origination of commercial mortgages for securitization and portfolio investment, loan syndications, purchase and sale of commercial real estate and distressed debt, including financing of loan acquisitions, and franchise finance transactions. Tom has advised clients with respect to LIBOR transition, including loan document requirements. Due to his extensive expertise in representing lenders and his knowledge of market norms and standards, Tom is also frequently engaged by borrowers in order to negotiate and close complex commercial loan transactions.
During the course of his career, Tom has represented clients in the following capacities:
- Drafting of master loan documents and policies and procedures in the capacity of program counsel for numerous commercial real estate lenders and loan programs
- Provide advice concerning licensure and state “foreign qualification” requirements for commercial lenders
- Engaged in representing lenders in the closing of more than one thousand fixed rate and floating rate commercial real estate loans for balance sheet transactions and CMBS and CLO securitization
- Advice regarding compliance with rating agency requirements for commercial loan securitization
- Creation of master loan documents and policies and procedures for numerous franchise finance lenders and loan programs
- Provide advice and loan document requirements for commercial lenders with respect to LIBOR transition
- Negotiation of intercreditor, co-lender and participation agreements in syndicated loan transactions
- Representation of sellers and purchasers with respect to portfolio and single loan sales involving several hundred loans
- Restructuring, workout and foreclosure of numerous commercial mortgage loans
- Represent banks, investment banks, private wealth managers and other institutional lenders in numerous secured asset-based and unsecured commercial loans
- Representation of borrowers in the negotiation and closing of numerous commercial loan transactions
Tom is an avid baseball fan and enjoys travel with his family.