Thomas E. Sanchez
Tom Sanchez litigates commercial disputes and has represented a wide variety of corporations in complex commercial litigation. He represents clients in cases concerning contract disputes, business torts, product liability, patent infringement, unfair competition, business dissolution matters, non-compete and non-solicitation agreements, oil and gas energy litigation, and environmental matters. He has extensive experience in numerous state and federal trial and appellate courts across the country and before the American Arbitration Association.
Previously, Tom clerked for The Honorable Yvette Kane of the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania.
- Successfully defended against motion for preliminary injunction brought to enforce non-competition and non-solicitation provisions.
- Obtained summary judgment in action brought under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act involving novel issue as to the liability for calls made to a number assigned to a Voice Over Internet Protocol service.
- Obtained dismissal of federal court action asserting breach of contract claims premised in dispute involving the enforceability of insurance agreement.
- Obtained favorable Markman claim construction ruling and resolution for client in the synthetic fiber industry in case involving unfair competition and patent infringement claims.
- Assisted in representation of oil and gas client in which the American Arbitration Association issued a complete arbitration award for improper post-production deductions involving substantial natural gas wells in Pennsylvania.
- Represented a Pennsylvania primary distributor to enforce its exclusive territorial distribution rights under the Pennsylvania Liquor Code.
- Assisted in representation of Fortune 500 company in which the court granted spoliation motion, resulting in exclusion of almost all evidence in case in which $20 million claimed due to allegedly defective coatings.
Awards and Recognition:
- Received a 2021 Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch recognition for Commercial Litigation
News and Insights
- “STRATEGIC PERSPECTIVES — ‘No-hire’ provision in commercial contract between two businesses is unenforceable in Pennsylvania,” Wolters Kluwer, May 19, 2021.
- “Overbroad “No-Hire” (a/k/a “No-Poach”) Provision Unenforceable in Pennsylvania: Five Takeaways from the Winning Trial Team at Eckert Seamans,” Eckert Seamans’ Legal Update, May 13, 2021.
- “Brito v. Major Energy Electric Services, LLC,” Eckert Seamans’ Energy Supplier Litigation Blog, January 14, 2021.
- “Steel Transportation Contract Spat Staying In Pa.” Law360, May 20, 2021.
- “How Eckert Seamans Won Pa. Employment Freedom Case,” Law360, May 4, 2021.
- “Pa. High Court Points Way To Valid Employer No-Poach Deals,” Law360, April 30, 2021.
- “Pennsylvania Top Court Blocks No-Poach Terms in Contract,” Bloomberg Law, April 29, 2021.
- “Broad ‘No-Poaching’ Agreement Is Unenforceable, Pa. Supreme Court Rules,” The Legal Intelligencer, April 29, 2021.
- “Pa. Justices Bar No-Hire Clauses Between Businesses,” Law360, April 29, 2021.