Tara A. Burns
Tara A. Burns concentrates her practice in labor and employment law as well as municipal law and litigation. She represents both public and private sector employers in management-side labor and employment issues including hiring, termination, and employee discipline. Tara also represents employers with respect to contract negotiations, interest arbitrations, grievance arbitrations, and employment-related litigation. In addition, Tara advises municipalities regarding zoning, land development, governance, and general solicitor matters.
As a member of the Gaming Group, Tara provides regulatory guidance to various gaming industry entities and assists clients with administrative matters before the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board and legislative matters impacting the gaming industry.
While attending law school, Tara was an active member of the Student Bar Association and Dickinson’s American Bar Association National Appellate Advocacy Moot Court team. Tara served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Christopher C. Conner of the United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania. Additionally, Tara was selected to participate in the Student Honors Program at the United States Securities and Exchange Commission in Washington, D.C., where she interned in the Division of Enforcement.
- Penn State Dickinson Law Leadership Council Advisory Board
- Dauphin County Bar Association Young Lawyer’s Division
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Young Lawyer’s Division
- Commission on Women in the Profession, Fall Retreat 2020 Planning Committee Co-Chair
- Bar Leadership Institute, Class of 2019-20
- Habitat for Humanity of the Greater Harrisburg Area, Human Resources Committee
News and Insights
- “WIP Fall Retreat 2019: Advocacy for Women’s Right Then & Now,” Voices & Views Newsletter, PBA Commission on Women in the Profession, February 2020.
- “My Mentorship Experience,” Voices & Views Newsletter, PBA Commission on Women in the Profession, July 2019.
- “Act 44: Improving School Safety,” co-authored for the Pennsylvania Borough News, November 2018.