Susan A. Yocum
Susan Yocum focuses her practice in the areas of hospitality, municipal and employment law. She advises employers on labor and employment matters including employee termination, discipline, contract negotiation, grievance resolution and arbitration and has experience successfully litigating unemployment compensation and discrimination cases. Susan also has experience with regulated industries, administrative law and civil litigation.
Prior to joining Eckert Seamans, Susan served as Senior Counsel to the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board. In that role, she advised the seven-member Board on all matters related to gaming, drafted regulations applicable to the casino gaming industry in Pennsylvania, handled employment law issues and represented the agency in litigation, including appeals of casino licensing decisions.
- Provides monitoring and advice on regulatory compliance.
- Assists entities and individuals regulated by governmental agencies through the administrative application, disclosure and reporting process.
- Advises employers in grievance arbitration and employment litigation cases.
- Provides council to municipalities on zoning and ordinance enforcement.
- The James S. Bowman American Inn of Court