Ryan M. Murphy
Ryan Murphy focuses his practice on defending individual and business clients in complex civil litigation matters, including general liability, product liability, mass tort, commercial disputes, employment, and insurance coverage and defense. Ryan’s experience includes handling a variety of litigation matters in the state and federal courts of Massachusetts and Rhode Island. He has represented clients in the automotive, products, construction, government, healthcare, and insurance industries through all phases of litigation. He also frequently acts as local counsel for and consults on litigation matters proceeding in Massachusetts and Rhode Island.
Prior to joining Eckert Seamans, Ryan practiced with a regional law firm where he specialized in a variety of complex litigation matters, including product liability, construction defect and accident claims, as well as insurance coverage and defense. During this time, Ryan participated in nationwide coverage opinion program, completing over 100 coverage opinions in jurisdictions across the United States.
Ryan has also served as a law clerk to the Honorable Paul C. Dawley, Chief Justice of the Massachusetts District Court, and to the Honorable David E. Peebles, Magistrate to the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York.
- Serve as counsel in various litigation matters in the state and federal courts of Massachusetts and Rhode Island.
- Represent clients in all phases of litigation, including pre-suit evaluations, discovery disputes, and trial.
- Represent product suppliers and manufacturers in product liability litigation, mass tort litigation, and business disputes.
- Represent healthcare provider in employment matters involving termination actions and other employment matters.
- Represent long-term healthcare provider in tenant-related disputes, including collection and eviction actions.
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Rhode Island Bar Association
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Greater New England Chapter, Committee Member
Awards and Recognition:
- Selected for inclusion in Massachusetts Super Lawyers as “Rising Star”
News and Insights
- “U.S. Export Controls Over Cloud Computing: The Forecast Calls for Change,” 28 Syracuse J. Sci. & Tech. L. Rep. 65 (2013).
Providence, Rhode Island
U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
U.S. District Court for the District of Rhode Island
U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
J.D., cum laude, Syracuse University College of Law, 2013; Syracuse Law Review
B.A., Hamilton College, 2008