Randa M. Lewis
Randa Lewis has a strong background in environmental sciences and management. She concentrates her practice in environmental compliance and litigation.
While in law school, Randa served as a summer associate at Eckert Seamans as well as a teaching assistant for legal research and writing. During her undergraduate studies, Randa was involved with various research projects in conjunction with The Nature Conservancy and the Allegheny National Forest.
Beyond her environmental compliance and litigation experience, Randa’s practice has included intellectual property matters.
- Assisted clients with enforcement action negotiations;
- Advises clients on various complex environmental regulations and statutes under the Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, Resource Conservation Recovery Act, and Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and liability Act (CERCLA), along with various state environmental laws;
- Advises clients on administrative appeals procedures;
- Assisted with a variety of environmental litigation matters from researching and analyzing current laws to drafting pretrial motions and briefs;
- Assisted with prosecuting patent applications.
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Asian Pacific American Women Lawyers Alliance
- Pennsylvania Association of Environmental Professionals
- Reading is FUNdamental Pittsburgh, elementary school reading mentor
- Fund-Raising Chair for the Western Pennsylvania Society for Conservation Biology
Awards and Recognition:
- Allegheny County Bar Association’s Environment and Energy Law Section Scholarship
- American Law Institute Continuing Legal Education Scholarship
- Inducted into Beta Beta Beta, the National Biological Honors Society
- Recognition for outstanding oral argument in the J.D. program
News and Insights
- “Tips to Properly Mitigate Lead Paint,” co-authored, Construction Executive Magazine, January 2019.
- “EPA Unlawfully Fails to Designate Areas for Ozone,” Joule’s Legal Voice Update, October, 2017.
- Student Speaker at Clarion University’s 2013 Commencement Ceremony
- “The Effect of Deer and Management on Tree Seedlings and Understory Richness in Pennsylvania Hardwood Forests” presented at the Pennsylvania Academy of Science’s annual conference in 2013.
J.D., Duquesne University School of Law, 2018; Editor-in-Chief, Joule: Duquesne Energy & Environmental Law Journal
M.S. in Environmental Science and Management, with honors, Duquesne University, 2018
B.S. in Environmental Biology, cum laude, Clarion University of Pennsylvania, 2013
B.S. in Environmental Geoscience, cum laude, Clarion University of Pennsylvania, 2013