Rachel E. Moynihan
Rachel Moynihan focuses her practice in commercial litigation, employment law, and product liability. Her experience includes handling a variety of business and commercial litigation matters, including employment, trade secret, real estate, and trust litigation. Rachel also handles professional liability matters in the defense of health care providers and institutions. She has extensive courtroom experience in prosecuting and defending claims in the state and federal courts of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Prior to joining Eckert Seamans, Rachel practiced with a regional law firm where she specialized in a variety of complex litigation matters, primarily related to professional liability and the defense of health care providers.
- American Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
Awards and Recognition:
- Selected for inclusion in Massachusetts Super Lawyers as a “Rising Star” (2013 – 2019)
- Selected for inclusion in the Irish Legal 100’s 40 Under 40 (2016)
News and Insights
- “Med Mal Defendants Unlikely to Feel Interest Rate, Cap Changes,” Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly, December 2012.
- “Amended Massachusetts Equal Pay Act Goes Into Effect July 1, 2018” , Eckert Seamans' Labor & Employment Alert, April 2018.
- “Massachusetts Pregnant Workers Fairness Act Goes Into Effect April 1, 2018” , Eckert Seamans' Labor & Employment Alert, April 2018.
- “Equal Pay Act” , Eckert Seamans' Labor & Employment Alert, May 2018.
- “Bar Moves to Stem Skepticism as Med Mal Reforms Take Effect,” Massachusetts Lawyer Weekly, June 2013.
- “Case Highlights Growing Use of High/Low Deals,” Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly, December 2013.
- “What Can I Ask During the Interview? Do’s and Don’ts Under the Mass. Equal Pay Act,” presented at Eckert Seamans’ Human Resources Forum, May 2, 2018.
In her free time, Rachel enjoys sailing, playing the piano, and traveling with her husband and two children.
Supreme Court of the United States
U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
J.D., Suffolk University Law School, 2005
B.A., College of the Holy Cross, 2002