Pia F. Aklian
Pia Aklian focuses her practice on business counseling and financial transactions. She has experience in negotiating and drafting complex corporate and commercial transactions. Pia represents clients on a broad range of business matters including mergers and acquisitions, equity/venture capital transactions, private placements and related SEC regulatory matters, drafting of complex commercial contracts, formation and organization of business entities, drafting of licensing and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) agreements, intellectual property matters, strategic partnerships, and general corporate compliance matters.
Prior to joining Eckert Seamans, Pia served as general manager and in-house counsel to a mobile enterprise software company, which provided her with valuable insight as to the legal and business needs of the corporation. She also served as a judicial law clerk for the Pennsylvania Office of General Counsel.
- Transactional counsel to clients in stock and asset business sales
- Assists clients in formation of funds through private placements and related regulatory compliance matters
- Corporate and transactional counsel to an enterprise software company working with Fortune 100
- Corporate counsel for financial transactions ranging from start-up through seed, Series A, Series B, and exit
- Corporate counsel for Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), licensing, and service agreements
- Corporate counsel for equity transactions
- Assists clients in the formation of business entities and drafting of organizational documents
Awards and Recognition:
- James S. Bowman American Inn of Court Award
News and Insights
- “Clarifying Agency Response Time for Right-to-Know-Law Requests: A Survey of Commonwealth v. Donahue,” Widener Law Journal, June 2016.
- Guest speaker on Smart Talk, WITF Radio, February 2015.
Pia plays piano and enjoys tennis, swimming, and golf.