Nicole J. Cocozza
Nicole Cocozza concentrates her practice on commercial litigation, business litigation, financial services law, education law, and other areas of complex civil litigation.
Prior to joining Eckert Seamans, Nicole practiced with a regional law firm where she specialized in a variety of complex litigation matters, primarily related to the defense of health care providers. During that time, she gained valuable experience in all phases of litigation. She has represented clients in Massachusetts state courts, arbitrations, and mediations.
While at Suffolk University Law School, Nicole received a certificate in the Intellectual Property Law Concentration with Distinction. She served as a student attorney in the Intellectual Property and Entrepreneurship Clinic, where she defended the intellectual property rights of small businesses and start-ups against nationally known brands. She also served as a note editor on the Journal of High Technology Law.
- Counsels independent private schools on all aspects of operations and legal issues concerning the educational community, including employment and business litigation matters before federal and state courts.
- Counsels businesses on regulatory compliance, employment matters, business disputes, crisis management, media relations, subpoenas, leases, licenses, permitting, and many other business-related legal issues.
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division Board of Directors
- Massachusetts Defense Lawyers Association, Young Lawyers Committee; Medical Malpractice Liaison
- Boston Bar Association
- Lawyers Have Heart 5K
Awards and Recognition:
- Intellectual Property Law Concentration with Distinction, 2015
- Pro Bono Honors, 2015
News and Insights
- Journal of High Technology Law Alumni Panel, Suffolk University Law School, November, 2017
U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
J.D., Suffolk University Law School, 2015
B.A., summa cum laude, St. John’s University, 2012