Nancy L. Rackoff
Nancy Rackoff provides a full array of estate planning and administration services to individuals, entrepreneurs, owners of family businesses, fiduciaries, charitable foundations, and other nonprofit organizations. She also advises clients on strategies for estate planning, wealth transfer, and charitable giving — as well as the administration and taxation of estates and trusts and business succession matters.
Nancy demonstrates a serious commitment to community service, serving in leadership roles for several area institutions. She primarily devotes her time to organizations that share her goal of providing Pittsburgh’s underserved populations with the opportunity to have better, sustainable lives. She currently serves on the Jewish Healthcare Foundation Board of Trustees, Carnegie Hero Fund Commission, Forbes Fund Board of Directors, and Manchester Bidwell Corporation Board of Trustees.
- Represent numerous families in estate and gift planning, including the establishment of “dynasty” (generation-skipping) trusts; qualified personal residence trusts; “intentionally defective grantor trusts,” and grantor retained annuity trusts.
- Advise clients on wealth transfer issues involving multiple business interests and multiple family issues.
- Coordinate estate and business planning and succession in multiple generational businesses.
- Establish family limited partnerships.
- Represented minor’s estates and disabled individuals in connection with (i) appointment of guardian; (ii) establishment of court mandated trusts and (iii) special needs trusts.
- National Association of Estate Planners
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Probate and Trust Law Section and Professional Ethics Committee
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Estate Planning Council of Pittsburgh
- Forbes Fund, Board of Directors, Treasurer
- Carnegie Hero Fund Commission, Board of Trustees
- Manchester Bidwell Corporation, Board of Trustees, Vice Chair
- Jewish Health Care Foundation, Board of Trustees, Secretary
Awards and Recognition:
- Selected for inclusion as The Best Lawyers in America 2019 Trusts and Estates ”Lawyer of the Year” in Pittsburgh
- 2017 YWCA Greater Pittsburgh’s Tribute to Women in Leadership Award (Business & Professional Services category)
- Selected for inclusion in Pennsylvania Super Lawyers
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America – Trusts and Estates
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
J.D., University of Pennsylvania Law School, 1975
B.A., summa cum laude, University of Pennsylvania, 1972; Phi Beta Kappa