Michael P. Pest
Michael Pest practices in the area of commercial litigation. He represents a wide range of clients in contractual disputes, matters involving alleged business torts, shareholder litigation, and actions arising under the full range of statutes regulating the consumer finance industry. Michael has extensive experience in numerous state and federal trial and appellate courts and before the American Arbitration Association.
Prior to joining Eckert Seamans, Michael served as a law clerk to the Honorable Dan Pellegrini, President Judge of the Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania.
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Reading is FUNdamental Pittsburgh, elementary school reading mentor
Awards and Recognition:
- Received a 2021 Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch recognition for Commercial Litigation
- Selected for inclusion in Pennsylvania Super Lawyers – Rising Star
News and Insights
- “Is This the End of the TCPA? High Court Hears Oral Arguments in ‘Barr’” co-author, The Legal Intelligencer, May 2020.
- “Pennsylvania’s Donated or Dedicated Property Act: A Potential Hurdle for your Gas Development Project,” co-author, The PIOGA Press, February 2020.
- “INSIGHT: Third Circuit Continues to Rein in Runaway TCPA Claims,” co-author, Bloomberg Law, July 3, 2018.