Michael P. Meehan
Michael Meehan concentrates his practice in the areas of government relations, corporate law, real estate, and litigation. He has also represented clients before local, state, and federal agencies. His clients include large local, national, and international companies in various industries, such as health care, real estate, construction, and consumer products. He also represents a variety of governmental authorities.
Michael is also a former law clerk to the Honorable James R. Cavanaugh of the Pennsylvania Superior Court and Assistant Regional Attorney for Department of Health and Human Services.
- Ward et al. v. Philadelphia Parking Authority, E.D.PA: Defense of Class Action under American with Disabilities Act seeking to make Philadelphia Taxicabs wheelchair accessible.
- Philadelphia Regional Port Authority vs. Consolidated Rail Corporation et al., E.D.PA. Eminent Domain actions.
- Philadelphia Regional Port Authority v. Summit Structures, Philadelphia CCP. Action seeking recovery for warehouse collapse.
- Southeast Caucus, Republican State Committee, Chairman
- Republican City Committee, General Counsel
- Leadership Committee, Pennsylvania Republican State Committee, Member
- Board of City Trusts, Director; Real Estate Committee, Chairman; Audit Committee, Member
- Wills Eye Hospital Committee, Member
- Budget and Finance Committee, Girard College, Chair
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- LaSalle College High School Touchdown Club, President
- YMCA of Greater Philadelphia, Former Board Member
- IHM Center for Literacy, Former Director
- Lincoln University, Former Member of the Board of Trustees
- St. Hubert Catholic High School Advisory Board, Former Member
- LaSalle College High School Alumni Association, Former Board Member
- Clover Club of Philadelphia, Former President
- Former Coach, Somerton Youth Organization
Awards and Recognition:
- Emerald Education Society, Mathew Carey Award
- AmVet, American Legion Post Public Service Award
- Germantown Republican Club, Lincoln Day Award
- Korean American Pac Public Service Award
- United Republican Club, Public Service Award
- Attained an AV® Preeminent™ Rating from Martindale-Hubbell
News and Insights
- “AFL-CIO, Kenney Decry Supreme Court Ruling On Union Dues,” CBS News in Philadelphia, June 28, 2018.
- “Center City: Michael Meehan Approaches The One Year Anniversary As Chairman Of The Philly GOP,” Philadelphia Neighborhoods, April 6, 2018.
Michael’s interests include his family, golf, community, politics, and education.
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
J.D., Widener University Delaware Law School, 1981
B.A., Villanova University, 1978