Matthew P. Donelson
Matt Donelson defends Fortune 500 companies through preventative measures and, when necessary, litigation. He works with clients in a variety of areas, including toxic torts, labor and employment, insurance defense, and professional liability. He has nearly 15 years of experience, litigating a wide variety of civil and criminal cases in both federal and state courts. He has tried dozens of cases to verdict.
Matt also serves as general counsel to multiple nonprofit organizations, providing counseling and litigation services in a variety of areas, including real estate, premises liability, and drafting by-laws.
- Defends corporate clients in product liability claims and mass tort litigation.
- Litigates hundreds of asbestos actions filed in federal and state courts in Delaware, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania.
- Serves as general counsel to multiple nonprofit organizations, providing counseling and litigation services in a variety of areas, including real estate, premises liability, and drafting by-laws.
- Delaware State Bar Association, Chair of the Labor and Employment Law Section; Secretary (2015-16)
- Defense Research Institute
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Past Member
- Richard S. Rodney Inn of Court, Past Member
- American Bar Association, Past Member
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA), Past Member
- Educational Foundation of Pennsville, Vice President of the Board
- Coach of youth soccer, wrestling, and Little League teams
- Parents’ Guild at St. Edmond’s Academy, Member
- Lawyer’s League softball team, Coach
- Eckert Seamans’ Dragon Boat racing team, Member
Awards and Recognition:
- Certified Mediator – Superior Court of the State of Delaware
News and Insights
- “Digital Natives in the Modern World” HR News Magazine, December 2016.
- “Labor and Employment Law Update 2016” moderator for the Delaware State Bar Association’s annual CLE program, March 2016.
- “Hiring and Firing in Employment,” National Business Institute, December 2014.
- “Advanced Employment Issues in Delaware,” National Business Institute, December 2013.
- “The Medicare “Super Lien” and Other Liens Simplified,” panelist, National Business Institute, November 2013.
- “The Ethical Debate on Deposition Conduct,” panelist, Mid-Atlantic Asbestos Litigation Conference by Perrin Conferences, October 2012.
- “Hot Topics and Emerging Law,” panelist, Delaware Asbestos Litigation Conference, March 2011.
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
J.D., Villanova University School of Law, 1999
B.A., Drew University, 1996