Matthew G. Vassil
Matthew Vassil concentrates his practice in the area of business counseling and securities. His practice focuses on advising private and public companies in a variety of corporate matters, including mergers and acquisitions, reorganizations, private equity transactions, venture capital, business entity formation and securities offering. He also possesses experience leading negotiations for service providers and highly regulated financial institutions in complex transactions including software licensing agreements, professional services agreements, SaaS agreement, software development agreements and business process outsourcing agreements. Related to this experience, Matthew advises operations teams and executives on resolving legal, risk and business issues that arise during negotiations in commercial transactions and in connection with ongoing contractual relationships with client and third parties.
- Advises clients ranging in maturity and sophistication by identifying risk and opportunities regarding their business and provides actionable and innovative strategies to address concerns relating to company formation, raising capital, acquisitions, succession planning, operational matters and planning for exit events.
- Advises clients with respect to complex commercial contracts with their clients and service providers.
- Structures, drafts and negotiates the required documents in a variety of transactions including stock purchase agreements, asset purchase agreements divestitures, spin-offs, exchange offers, joint ventures and strategic alliances and the ancillary documents related to those transactions with experience on both the buy and sell-sides of the transactions.
- Member of the Executive Committee of the Philadelphia Bar Association’s Business Law Section
- Knights of Columbus
News and Insights
- “Risk Allocation Blind Spots – The Danger of Using Online Legal Services,” Eckert Seamans’ Legal Update, May 23, 2023.