Magda S. Patitsas
Magda Patitsas is a litigation attorney representing clients in state and federal courts. Magda concentrates her practice in two areas of the law: products liability and business litigation. On the products liability side, Magda has defended manufacturers of medical devices and other customer products in actions for negligence and strict liability. In business litigation, Magda has represented clients in all aspects of business-related disputes including breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, misappropriation of trade secrets, employment disputes, and business formation and dissolution disputes. Magda is particularly sensitive to the concerns of her clients having grown up in a family-owned medical business and having served as a legal associate at an international oil shipping company in Athens, Greece before joining Eckert. Magda graduated as a valedictorian of the Dickinson School of Law, where she was a comments editor for the Penn State Dickinson Law Review.
- Obtained dismissal of all claims against a manufacturer of medical devices for lack of personal jurisdiction in over a dozen cases pending in federal and state court.
- Secured summary judgment on behalf of a Commonwealth agency in a breach of lease dispute.
- Successfully defended an appeal in probate litigation before the Superior Court of Pennsylvania.
- Obtained dismissal of a petition to intervene on behalf of a university involved in an environmental contamination dispute.
- Represented plaintiffs and defendants in federal litigation focused on violation of constitutional rights.
- Represented defendant in multimillion-dollar breach of contract litigation involving issues of fiduciary duty.
- Represented small business owners in business-related disputes involving enforcement of operating agreements, misappropriation of intellectual property, fraud, breach of fiduciary duty and breach of contract.
- Represented real estate developer in a commercial lease dispute.
- Assisted business owners in drafting of operating and shareholder agreements, employment agreements, non-competition agreements and leases.
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Dauphin County Bar Association
- Magda appeared a guest speaker at a naturalization ceremony organized by the United States Department of Homeland Security and the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services at the Federal District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania. Magda spoke about her experience navigating through the intricacies of US immigration law before an audience of federal judges and officials, US veterans, fifty newly sworn-in US citizens and their families.
Awards and Recognition:
- Received a 2021 Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch recognition for Commercial Litigation
- Selected for inclusion in Pennsylvania Super Lawyers – Rising Star
- Woolsack Honor Society Inductee
- Penn State Dickinson Law Review, Comments Editor (2012-2014)
- Cali Awards for Excellence in several areas of the law, including: Constitutional Law, Labor Law, Conflicts of Law and Legal Research and Writing.
News and Insights
- “An Eckert Seamans Tribute to Ruth Bader Ginsburg,” panelist, October 20, 2020.
- Naturalization Ceremony Speaker for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (2015)
- Art history