Lawrence R. Bailey, Jr.
Eckert Seamans is grieved to announce the death of our partner and friend, Lawrence R. Bailey, Jr., who passed away on May 2, 2018, after a brief illness. Eckert Seamans has lost a great friend and colleague; Larry will be missed by everyone at the firm and the New York legal community at large. His family requests contributions to the Cora Walker Memorial Scholarship, St. John’s University School of Law, 8000 Utopia Parkway, Queens, NY 11439.
Lawrence R. Bailey, Jr. was a member of Eckert Seamans’ Board of Directors, and served as Chair of the firm’s Diversity & Inclusion Committee.
He focused his practice on transportation, including Federal Employers’ Liability Act and other railroad matters, product liability, litigation, and personal injury defense . He specialized in defending significant litigation against Fortune 500 companies, and tried more than 50 cases to verdict, predominantly in New York and New Jersey. He successfully represented major corporations and railroad companies in defense of significant litigation matters in the City of New York, Syracuse, and Albany areas of New York and in Federal Courts in New York and New Jersey.
- Federation of Insurance and Corporate Counsel
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- Defense Research Institute
- New York State Bar Association
- National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel
- National Bar Association
- Loughlin Society of St. John’s University School of Law
- Cora Walker endowed scholarship at the St. John’s University School of Law
- Little Orchestra Society, Board of Directors and Vice President
- New York Bar Foundation, Board of Directors
Awards and Recognition
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America
- Selected for inclusion in “Best Lawyers in Westchester” by Westchester Magazine
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
Supreme Court of the United States
J.D., New York University School of Law
B.A., Lehigh University