Kennedy C. Ramos
Kennedy C. Ramos focuses her practice in the area of commercial litigation. Kennedy has experience defending insurance companies in coverage disputes, bankruptcy, and direct action suits in state and federal jurisdictions across the country. She also assists clients in employment disputes involving trade secrets and non-compete agreements. Kennedy’s experience includes litigating a variety of commercial disputes, such as breach of contract, products liability, personal injury, tortious interference, bad faith and aviation cases. She has advised and represented clients through all stages of litigation, including pre-suit evaluation, contested discovery disputes, dispositive motions, and trial.
Before joining private practice, Kennedy served as a law clerk for the Honorable Orinda D. Evans of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia. She also served as a judicial staff attorney at the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit for more than two years, where she assisted the Court in resolving criminal and civil appeals and appellate motions.
- Women’s Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Military Spouse JD Network
- Provides pro bono legal representation through the Veterans Consortium Pro Bono Program
Awards and Recognition:
- Order of the Coif
- Clinic Outstanding Student 2013
- Public Interest Law Certificate
- Order of the Samaritan
- Dean’s Community Service Award
News and Insights
- “Calculating an Alternative Route: The Difference Between a Blindfolded Ride and a Road Map in Pro Se Criminal Defense,” Law and Psychology Review, 2012.
- “No Good Deed is Without Peril: The Tension Between Ethics and Pro Bono,” Zurich American Insurance Company – Law Department, Schaumburg, Illinois, 2017.