Joseph K. Pierce
Joe Pierce serves as bond counsel and underwriter’s counsel in transactions involving the issuance of municipal securities by or on behalf of Pennsylvania counties, cities, townships, boroughs, school districts, and municipal authorities. He also represents municipal securities underwriting firms, banking institutions, and corporations engaged in the municipal securities industry.
- Issued tax opinions as bond counsel for general obligation and revenue bonds for general government purposes, educational, health care facilities, and economic development.
- Serves in financings through the U.S. Department of Agriculture, Pennsylvania Infrastructure Investment Authority, pool financing programs, and bank municipal lending and leasing programs in addition to bond market financings.
- Serves as counsel to local governments engaged in economic development projects within their communities.
- Serves as counsel in the development, financing, and implementation of Open Space and Agricultural Land Preservation programs.
- Serves as counsel in project financings under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (the Stimulus Bill) for both governmental and economic development projects.
- Dauphin County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Association of Bond Lawyers
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
Awards and Recognition:
- Attained an AV® Preeminent™ rating from Martindale-Hubbell