John W. Pauciulo
John Pauciulo represents and advises clients with respect to corporate, securities, and real estate matters. John has extensive experience in structuring, negotiating, and documenting complex business transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance transactions, real estate acquisition and development projects, and private placements of securities. John also advises clients in disputes among business owners including business divorce matters, buy-outs and freeze-outs.
John is the chair of the firm’s Financial Transactions Group and is also a member of the firm’s Business Counseling and Regulated Substances groups.
Prior to entering private practice, John was a staff attorney with the Securities and Exchange Commission’s New York office.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Represented a multi-national specialty chemical and materials company in connection with the sale of its interests in a global polymer film manufacturing and distribution company.
- Represented a manufacturer of high temperature textile products such as oven door gaskets, in connection with its sale to a newly formed company controlled by a private equity firm.
- Represented individual owners in the sale of their stock in a commercial sign design, manufacturing and installation company to a newly formed company controlled by a private equity firm.
- Represented individual owners in the sale of their stock in a technical equipment manufacturing and distribution company to a private equity firm.
- Represented individual owners of a court reporting firm, to an industry leader in court reporting and related services.
- Represented individual owners in the sale of their specialty garment manufacturing business to a private equity firm.
- Represented company engaged in the coffee roasting and distribution business in the purchase of a gourmet coffee company’s assets.
- Represented individual owners of a medical equipment manufacturing company to a competitor.
- Represented Swiss company in the sale of its US-based distribution company to a competitor.
Financing and Capital Formation
- Represented real estate development company in connection with raising $25MM in capital through a private placement for the acquisition and development of commercial real estate in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Represented several individuals in the formation of funds through a private placement to invest in merchant cash advance business.
- Represented several individuals in the formation of funds through a private placement to invest in life settlements (cash value life insurance policies).
- Served as local counsel to an Irish bank in connection with a commercial loan to a global company with operations in Pennsylvania.
- Served as local counsel to an Ireland based bank in connection with a commercial loan to a global company with operations in Pennsylvania.
- Served as local counsel to China investment funds in connection with an investment with a company with operations in Pennsylvania.
- Served as local counsel to an Australia based bank in connection with a commercial loan to a global company with operations in Pennsylvania.
- Served as local counsel to a China based bank in connection with a commercial loan to a global company with operations in Pennsylvania.
- Association for Corporate Growth Philadelphia Chapter
- Exit Planning Exchange, Board Member
- Fresh Artists Advisory Council
- Homeless Advocacy Project, Volunteer
- Willistown Township Zoning Hearing Board, Former Member (2012-2014)
- Chester County Republican Party Committee Member, (2008-2014; 2018 to present)
- Philadelphia Neighborhood Housing Works Board of Directors, Former Member (2000 – 2010)
Awards and Recognition:
- Selected for inclusion in Pennsylvania SuperLawyers – Rising Stars
- Selected as a finalist in the 2015 Philadelphia SmartCEO CPA & ESQ Awards
- Selected for inclusion in Philadelphia SmartCEO’s 2010 Legal Elite
News and Insights
- “Overview of the Qualified Opportunity Zones Program in the United States,” co-authored for the Japanese real estate publication, Monthly Property Management, January 2020.
- “ACG Members Chime in on Dealflow,” Mergers & Acquisitions, Association for Corporate Growth, October 2012.
- “Highly Tax-advantaged Investments in Qualified Opportunity Zones in the U.S.,” co-presented with Atsumi & Sakai, to the Japan Institute for Overseas Investment (JOI) in Tokyo, November 2019.
- “Collaboration & Competition between Attorneys and M&A Professionals in the Sale of a Company,” Exit Planning Exchange Philadelphia Chapter, January 2014.
- “Current Trends in M&A Transactions,” Pennsylvania Bar Institute’s 19th Annual Business Lawyers Institute, November 2013.
- “Raising Growth Capital and Retaining Control,” Philadelphia Chapter of the Exit Planning Exchange, September 2013.
- “Legal Aspects of Running a Successful Consulting Practice,” Chemical Consultants Network, April 2013.
- “Key Corporate and Commercial Cases from Delaware in 2012,” panelist, Eckert Seamans’ audio teleseminar, February 2013.
- “Latest Trends in M&A Transactions,” course planner and presenter, Pennsylvania Bar Institute Business Lawyers Institute, November 2012.
- “Raising Capital in Today’s Markets,” course planner and presenter, Entrepreneur’s Forum of Greater Philadelphia, October 2012.
- “Alternative Fee Arrangements in Business Transactions,” course planner and presenter, Pennsylvania Bar Institute, Business Lawyers Institute, November 2010.
- “Business Threats: Take Action to Protect Your Company,” KYW Newsradio event, November 2009.
- “Legal Issues for Entrepreneurs,” guest lecturer, LeBow College of Business, Drexel University, November 2009.