John V. Shivickas
John Shivickas focuses his practice on real estate matters, including advising clients in connection with the acquisition, disposition, leasing, development, and financing of multifamily projects, office buildings, hotels and resorts, restaurants, retail centers, and industrial facilities. John has also represented sponsors, developers, and investors with respect to formation and investment in real estate joint ventures and investment funds.
- Represented tenant in structuring a developer’s buyout of fee and ground leasehold interests and the development of an addition to an office building outside of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- Represented investors in the sale of an office building and the acquisition and financing of a portfolio distressed properties outside of Cleveland, Ohio, as part of a 1031 transaction.
- Represented lead investor in a joint venture for the acquisition, financing, renovation, and leasing of a mixed use property in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- Represented shopping center owner in connection with a co-tenancy dispute with a national tenant in Wheeling, West Virginia.
- Represented developer in the acquisition, leasing and redevelopment of several retail properties in Pennsylvania, Ohio, and West Virginia.
- Represented sponsor in the management of a national portfolio of retail properties, including the acquisition, disposition, and leasing of several properties, and the review of the partnership documents and investor offering materials.
- Represented lender in connection with a $126 million loan to finance the development of a hotel in Chicago, Illinois, and a $167 million loan to finance the development of shopping center in Kapolei, Hawaii.
- Represented hotel owner in the acquisition of additional property in connection with the recapitalization of a resort near Tucson, Arizona.
- Represented a developer in the acquisition of air rights and construction financing for the development of an office tower in Chicago, Illinois.
- Represented an institutional lender, as administrative agent, in secured and unsecured credit facilities for public and private REITs.
- Represent a sponsor in the acquisition, disposition and financing of several multifamily projects, retail centers, and industrial facilities throughout the United States.
- Allegheny County Bar Association – Real Property Section
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- Bloomfield-Garfield Corporation Board of Directors
Mary Jo Susich
J.D., Fordham University School of Law, 2005
B.A., University of Virginia, 2001