Jodi Dyan Oley
Jodi Dyan Oley has over a decade of experience in civil litigation in state and federal courts. Her national practice includes representation of product liability, construction, Federal Employers’ Liability Act (FELA), and transportation matters. She is also experienced in litigation of toxic tort, mass tort, construction, and class action matters. Jodi represents multiple manufacturers, including manufacturers of automobiles, automotive component parts, consumer products, industrial equipment, and motorcycles. She has extensive experience in discovery and case coordination and has been appointed national discovery counsel for an international automotive manufacturer and acts as regional trial counsel for a national motorcycle manufacturer.
- Kostryckyj v. Pentron Lab. Tech., 52 A.3d 333 (Pa. Super. 2012) The Pennsylvania Superior Court affirmed the lower court’s grant of a motion for summary judgment, holding that the exclusivity provision of the Workers’ Compensation Act (77 P.S. § 481(a)) controlled where evidence to support the exception was lacking.
- Instrumental in protecting a tire manufacturer’s trade secret formulas on appeal before the Superior Court of Pennsylvania, proving that the formulas were not relevant and not necessary because they could not in themselves indicate whether the manufactured product was defective.
- Successfully argued motions for summary judgment before the Superior Court of New Jersey.
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Penn State Professional Women’s Network of Philadelphia; Past President (2010-2012), Former Board Member and Technology Chair (2009-2010)
- Wills for Heroes, County Coordinator for Chester County
Awards and Recognition:
- Selected for inclusion in Pennsylvania Super Lawyers – Rising Star
- Selected for inclusion in Who’s Who in American Law
- Selected by the Pennsylvania Bar Association to receive the Verdina Y. Showell Award for outstanding community service and commitment to the Wills for Heroes program
News and Insights
- “The Future of Strict Liability Law in Pennsylvania: Is Change Foreseeable?” , American Bar Association’s Mass Torts Litigation Journal, Spring 2011, Vol. 9, No. 3 and the American Bar Association’s Products Liability Newsletter, Summer 2011, Vol. 22, No. 2., May 2011.
- “New Legislation Creates Enhanced Duties for Manufacturers of Children’s Products: It’s Time to Get the Lead Out,” co-authored, Mass Tort Journal, American Bar Association.
- “Lack of Reliable Foundation,” a chapter appearing in The Daubert Compendium (2011).
- “Spoliation of the Subject Vehicle: Dude Where’s Your Car?” DRI Product Liability Conference in Phoenix, AZ, April 2014.
- Prepared the Product Liability Case Law Update for the Third Circuit, DRI Product Liability Conference, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013.
- “Have Foreign Plaintiffs Become Shopaholics? Responding to Global Forum Shopping,” DRI Product Liability Conference in New Orleans, LA, April 2011.
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
Supreme Court of the United States
J.D., cum laude, The Dickinson School of Law of The Pennsylvania State University, 2004
B.A., The Pennsylvania State University, 2001