Jessica L. Rosenblatt
Jessica Rosenblatt helps clients solve challenges arising under federal and state environmental laws. She advises on compliance issues, navigates permitting processes, manages environmental risks in transactions, and helps resolve environmental disputes and enforcement actions. Jessica guides clients through the multitude of regulations governing air and water quality, waste management, chemical spills, land contamination and other environmental liabilities.
While in law school, Jessica interned at the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection and the U.S. Department of Interior, as well as with Justice Christine Donohue at the Pennsylvania Supreme Court. She assisted in editing a textbook titled “International Farm Animal, Wildlife and Food Safety Law,” and served as Executive Content Editor of Joule: Duquesne Energy & Environmental Law Journal.
Prior to joining Eckert Seamans, Jessica practiced civil litigation at another Pittsburgh law firm.
- Air & Waste Management Association
- Allegheny County Bar Association Environmental and Energy Law Section, Vice Chair of Programming
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Duquesne Law Alumni Association
- Provides Pro Bono services for the Transgender Legal Defense & Education Fund’s Name Change Project in Pittsburgh
- Center for Reproductive Rights
- Planned Parenthood of Western Pennsylvania
News and Insights
- “Regulatory Alert: Spent Lithium-Ion Batteries Likely Hazardous Waste Under RCRA,” Eckert Seamans’ Environmental Alert, August 2023.
- “Pennsylvania DEP issues new PAG-03 industrial stormwater general permit. Affected facilities must submit a Notice of Intent by March 23, 2023.” Eckert Seamans’ Environmental Update, February 13, 2023.
- “FTC provides companies a valuable opportunity to comment on updates to its “Green Guides”” Westlaw Today, February 2023.
- “EPA to Consider Designating PVC as Hazardous Waste,” co-author, Construction Executive Magazine, October 2022.
- “EPA Considers Designating PVC as Hazardous Waste: Potential Impacts to the Construction Industry,” co-author, Roofing Elements Magazine, Fall 2022.
- “PVC Materials as Hazardous Waste: An Unwelcome Complication,” Retrofit Magazine, August 2022.
- “Regulatory alert: EPA to consider designating PVC as hazardous waste and its potential impact on the construction industry,” Eckert Seamans’ Construction Law Update, June 2022.
- “SEC Proposes New Rules for Climate-Related Disclosures,” Eckert Seamans’ Environmental Alert, April 2022.
- “EPA Finalizes Rule Tightening Dust-Lead Clearance Levels,” Construction Executive Magazine, June 22, 2021.
- “What every lawyer needs to know about a Phase I,” co-author, ACBA Lawyers Journal, April 23, 2021.
- “IRS Clarifies the Deductibility of Settlement and Court Ordered Payments,” Eckert Seamans’ Environmental Alert, March 10, 2021.
- “2020 Uptick In PFAS Regs And Suits Heralds More Next Year,” co-author, Law360, December 2020.
- “United States Environmental Protection Agency Seeks to Tighten Dust-Lead Clearance Levels,” Eckert Seamans’ Environmental Alert, September 8, 2020.
- “United States Environmental Protection Agency seeks to tighten dust-lead clearance levels,” Eckert Seamans’ Construction Law Update, Fall 2020.
- “Don’t Overlook Asbestos Inspections Before Demolition or Renovation: What May Frequently Be Overlooked Can Result in Large Penalties,” co-author, Construction Executive Magazine, October 2020.
- “Reopening Closed Buildings: Legionella and Other Health Risks,” Hospitality Lawyers’ Converge Blog, June 2020.
- “United States Environmental Protection Agency Adds PFAS Chemicals to TRI Reporting,” Eckert Seamans’ Environmental Alert, June 23, 2020.
- “New Ruling Exempts Facilities with Air Permits from CERCLA Release Reporting,” Eckert Seamans’ Environmental Alert June 1, 2020.
- “Reopening Closed Buildings: Legionella and Other Health Risks,” Eckert Seamans’ Environmental Alert May 12, 2020.
- “Trials in Absentia: Human Rights Concerns in the Special Tribunal for Lebanon,” International Judicial Monitor, Fall 2014
- “New and Noteworthy Environmental Issues in 2023,” presented at the Eckert Seamans’ Joel Lennen Legal Primer, August 2023.
- “EPA’s Alphabet Soup of Current and Future Enforcement Priorities: PFAS, HAPs, and SNCs, plus RMP/GDC to stop things from going boom!” presented as part of the Air & Waste Management Association (A&WMA) Allegheny Mountain Section’s Environmental Update Workshop, May 2023.
- “Contaminated Property: Liability, Transactions, and Remediation” and “Current Issues with Stormwater Runoff and PFAS,” presented as part of the National Business Institute’s Overcoming Real Estate Land Use and Environmental Challenges program, December 2022.
- “Stormwater Permits in Pennsylvania: Industrial, Construction and Municipal Sources” co-presented during the Pa Chamber of Business and Industry 2022 Annual Environmental Conference held in Lancaster PA, October 2022.
- “Stormwater Runoff Law and Disputes: The Complete Guide,” presenter, National Business Institute, December 2021.
- “Top 11 Misunderstandings and Misconceptions About Environmental Issues To Be Aware Of,” presenter, Eckert Seamans Business Division Lunch & Learn, June 2021.
Jessica is a passionate advocate, both in her professional and personal life, and believes in the power of education, community and grassroots activism. In her free time, Jessica can be found at the local climbing gym, hiking with her dog Luna, talking endlessly about sustainable agriculture, and planning her next backpacking adventure.