Jessica K. Southwick
Jessica Southwick is an experienced litigation and regulatory attorney with a strong background in serving the health care industry. Jessica concentrates her practice in complex civil litigation, representing physicians and health care networks facing medical malpractice claims. She has also represented major pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers in products liability litigation, including multi-district litigation, as well as state attorney general investigations.
- Counsel for healthcare systems and providers in complex medical malpractice actions in Pennsylvania and New Jersey state courts.
- Counsel for pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers in nationwide medical device and pharmaceutical litigation.
- Counsel for pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers facing investigation by federal and state law enforcement authorities and government regulatory agencies, including state attorney general investigations.
- Counsel for alcohol beverage companies through establishment of state licensing regimes.
- Counsel for clients seeking medical marijuana dispensary licenses in Pennsylvania.
Friends of Charles Santore Library
- Support Center for Child Advocates, volunteer attorney
News and Insights
- “From Snaps to Tweets: The Craft of Social Media Discovery,” Law 360, November 2017; republished in the American Bar Association Section on Litigation October 5, 2018.
- “Getting the Snaps and Tweets into Evidence,” Law360, May 2018; republished on the American Bar Association Section on Litigation on October 5, 2018.
- “‘PharmaCann’ Tests Delicate Balance Between Federal, State Marijuana Laws,” The Legal Intelligencer, May 2018.
- “When Electronic Records Disappear But Legal Issues Linger,” Law360, September 2018.
- “Case Summaries of Cases Decided in the 2008-2009 Term,” contributing author, 7th Constitutional Law Conclave, Pennsylvania Bar Institute, 2009.
- “How to Handle a Child Abuse Case,” volunteer training workshop, Support Center for Child Advocates, February 2021.
- “Social media evidence, tactics for discovery, use at trial and settlement negotiations,” webinar for Strafford Publications, July 2018.
- “Cannabis Podcast – A New Jersey Update,” January 2018.