Jens H. Damgaard
Jens Damgaard is a public finance lawyer with more than three decades of experience representing school districts, counties, municipalities, and municipal authorities in tax-exempt and structured financings for a variety of public projects. He also represents banks, underwriters, and trustees in connection with bond issues, loans, investment and derivative products, and credit issues.
- Serves as bond counsel to over 40 Pennsylvania school districts on various general obligation bonds, tax-exempt bank financings, and floating rate notes.
- Bond counsel to numerous municipalities and municipal authorities that are borrowing to construct public water and sewer system improvements, parking facilities, municipal buildings, parks, and other projects.
- Counsel to municipal entities financing projects through grants and loans from the Pennsylvania Infrastructure Investment Authority (PennVest) and the United States Department of Agriculture.
- Advising clients on novel uses of municipal authorities, leases, transfer agreements, and other contracts to generate revenues for general municipal purposes.
- Bond counsel on tax-exempt financings benefitting charitable and other nonprofit entities.
- Pennsylvania Association of Bond Lawyers, Past President
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
Awards and Recognition:
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America – Public Finance
- Attained an AV® Preeminent™ rating from Martindale-Hubbell
News and Insights
- “When Does a Sewer Reserve Fund Go from Prudent to Illegal?” PA Township News, November 2018.
- “General Fund Payments as an Alternative to the Private Sale of Municipal Assets” , Borough News Magazine, July 2018.
- “Annual Payments as an Alternative to Selling Municipal Assets,” The Ledger, April 2018.
- “Harmony Board receives positive news about construction bond payment,” The Progress News, August 10, 2018.
- Association of Pennsylvania Municipal Managers (APMM) Fall, 2017 Training Seminars: Revenue Alternatives to the Sale or Long Term Lease of Municipal Assets
- APMM February, 2018 Winter Workshop: New Strategies for Using Your Municipal Authority to Save and Earn Revenues
U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
J.D., magna cum laude, Syracuse University, College of Law, 1982; Justinian Honor Society
M.P.A., Syracuse University, Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs, 1982
B.A., cum laude, Dickinson College, 1979