Jens H. Damgaard
Jens Damgaard is a public finance lawyer with more than three decades of experience representing school districts, counties, municipalities, and municipal authorities in tax-exempt and structured financings for a variety of public projects. He also represents banks, underwriters, and trustees in connection with bond issues, loans, investment and derivative products, and credit issues.
- Serves as bond counsel to over 40 Pennsylvania school districts on various general obligation bonds, tax-exempt bank financings, and floating rate notes.
- Bond counsel to numerous municipalities and municipal authorities that are borrowing to construct public water and sewer system improvements, parking facilities, municipal buildings, parks, and other projects.
- Counsel to municipal entities financing projects through grants and loans from the Pennsylvania Infrastructure Investment Authority (PennVest) and the United States Department of Agriculture.
- Advising clients on novel uses of municipal authorities, leases, transfer agreements, and other contracts to generate revenues for general municipal purposes.
- Bond counsel on tax-exempt financings benefitting charitable and other nonprofit entities.
- Pennsylvania Association of Bond Lawyers, Past President
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
Awards and Recognition:
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America for Public Finance Law
- Attained an AV® Preeminent™ rating from Martindale-Hubbell
News and Insights
- “Creative Financing Made New Bedford Borough Fire Station and Municipal Building Renovations Possible,” Co-author, Borough News, September 2022.
- “When Does a Sewer Reserve Fund Go from Prudent to Illegal?” PA Township News, November 2018.
- “General Fund Payments as an Alternative to the Private Sale of Municipal Assets” , Borough News Magazine, July 2018.
- “Annual Payments as an Alternative to Selling Municipal Assets,” The Ledger, April 2018.
- “Harmony Board receives positive news about construction bond payment,” The Progress News, August 10, 2018.
- “Recognizing and Preserving a Municipality’s Equity in Local Utility Systems,” presented at the PA Local Government Commission’s 2022 Local Government Symposium, October 6, 2022.
- Association of Pennsylvania Municipal Managers (APMM) Fall, 2017 Training Seminars: Revenue Alternatives to the Sale or Long Term Lease of Municipal Assets
- APMM February, 2018 Winter Workshop: New Strategies for Using Your Municipal Authority to Save and Earn Revenues