Heather R. Olson
Heather Olson concentrates her practice in the areas of commercial and product liability litigation. She has been involved in the litigation of a wide variety of commercial matters, including a range of breach of contract disputes and debt collection actions. Heather has served on multiple national and local counsel teams representing manufacturers of various prescription medications, including rheumatoid arthritis medication, weight-loss medication, anti-depressants, antibiotics, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), contrast dye, and oral contraceptives. Heather has extensive experience in defending claims in multidistrict litigation and mass tort state coordinations, including significant experience with pleading preparation, motion practice, and aspects of discovery such as fact development, analysis of product marketing issues, expert consultation, company witness preparation, and trial strategy.
- Voorhees Swim Club, Board of Trustees
- Achieve Now (formerly Philadelphia READS), volunteer
News and Insights
- Pennsylvania Chapter, Product Liability Defenses: A State-by-State Compendium, an online publication of DRI, 2019 edition.
- “Using the Teachings of Dr. Martin Luther King to Increase Diversity Within the Legal Community,” DRI Drug and Medical Device Seminar Course Book, May 2009.
- “Plaintiffs’ Treating Physicians As Defense Experts in Pharmaceutical Products Liability Litigation,” IADC Newsletter: Product Liability, June 2006.
- “Prescribing Information: The Beauty and the Beast of Labeling,” DRI Drug and Medical Device Seminar Course Book, May 2005.
- “True Coordination of Mass Tort Cases: Coordination of State Judges and the MDL Judge,” IADC Annual Meeting, July 2007.
- “Government Enforcement Actions Against the Drug, Device and Biotech Industries: Why Now?,” IADC Mid-Year Meeting, February 2007.