Harry A. Readshaw
Harry Readshaw focuses his practice upon bankruptcy and creditors’ rights issues, where he routinely represents secured and unsecured creditors in bankruptcy proceedings and collection matters. His practice also includes general corporate matters, secured transactions, and commercial litigation involving real estate. Additionally, Harry has represented licensed firearms manufacturers, dealers, and owners with respect to federal regulatory matters.
Prior to joining Eckert Seamans, Harry was an account manager with one of the country’s largest commercial collection agencies, where he gained extensive experience defending bankruptcy avoidance actions and sitting on official committees of unsecured creditors in complex Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases.
Harry practices out of the firm’s Pittsburgh office, which is conveniently located in the same building as the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania.
- Represents both national and local secured lenders in workouts, foreclosures, UCC Article 9 transactions, sheriff sales, and bankruptcy proceedings.
- Represents unsecured creditors with respect to all facets of receivable collection matters.
- Represents plaintiffs and defendants in commercial litigation, typically litigation involving real estate.
- Represents purchasers of businesses, real property, and other assets in various situations, including purchases under Section 363 of the Bankruptcy Code.
- Represents parties in preference and fraudulent transfer actions.
- Represents landlords in eviction and collection proceedings.
- Represents federally licensed firearms manufacturers and dealers with respect to federal regulatory matters.
- Has acted as general counsel to court-appointed receivers in complex receiverships involving liquidations of a law firm and a health care institution.
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, Standing Local Rules Committee
Awards and Recognition:
- Selected for inclusion in Pennsylvania Super Lawyers – Rising Star
News and Insights
- “The “B” Word,” Eckert Seamans’ Construction Law Update, Fall 2017; also published in Construction Executive Magazine, March 27, 2018.
- “Financially troubled projects: Perspectives for the contractor,” co-author, Eckert Seamans’ Construction Law Update, Spring 2010.
- “Commercial Leases: Negotiating Key Provisions,” National Business Institute, February 2014.
- “Top Commercial Bankruptcy Cases of the Year,” Pennsylvania Bar Institute’s 17th Annual Bankruptcy Institute, September 12, 2012.
- “Landlord – Tenant Law: Surviving in a Difficult Economy,” Sterling Education Services, Inc. Continuing Legal Education seminar, January 25, 2012.
- “Protecting the Creditor’s Rights During Bankruptcy, Tips and Strategies for Lawfully Collecting from a Bankrupt Debtor,” National Business Institute, December 8, 2010.
Harry is an avid hunter, fisherman, and competitive shooter. He belongs to a number of local sportsmen’s associations and is a benefactor life member of the National Rifle Association. Harry also enjoys cheering on his daughters, who are both accomplished junior roller derby players, and is one of the team’s play-by-play announcers for home bouts.
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
J.D., Duquesne University School of Law, 2006; Judge Gerald K. Gibson Award for Excellence in Bankruptcy
B.A. in criminology, Indiana University of Pennsylvania, 1990