Harry A. Readshaw
Harry Readshaw focuses his practice upon creditors’ rights issues, where he routinely represents lenders, landlords and trade creditors in bankruptcy proceedings and collection matters. His diverse practice also includes real estate, general corporate matters, secured transactions and commercial litigation.
Prior to practicing law, Harry was a receivables manager at an NYSE listed public company, where he gained extensive receivables experience, including defending preference actions and sitting on official committees of unsecured creditors in complex Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases.
Harry practices out of the firm’s Pittsburgh office, which is conveniently located in the same building as the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania.
- Represents both national and local secured lenders in workouts, foreclosures, UCC Article 9 transactions, sheriff sales, and bankruptcy proceedings.
- Represents landlords in drafting leases, lease negotiations, as well as eviction and collection proceedings.
- Represents unsecured creditors with respect to all facets of receivable collection matters.
- Represents plaintiffs and defendants in commercial litigation, typically litigation involving real estate.
- Represents purchasers of businesses, real property, and other assets in various situations, including distressed/public sale purchases and purchases under Section 363 of the Bankruptcy Code.
- Represents parties in preference and fraudulent transfer actions.
- Has acted as general counsel to court-appointed receivers in complex receiverships involving liquidations of a law firm and a health care institution.
- Has also represented licensed firearms manufacturers, dealers, and owners with respect to federal and state regulatory matters.
- Allegheny County Bar Association – Bankruptcy and Commercial Law Section Committee Member
- S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, Standing Local Rules Committee
- SGC Legal – Bankruptcy and Insolvency Council
Awards and Recognition:
- Selected for inclusion in Pennsylvania Super Lawyers – Rising Star
News and Insights
- “Subchapter 5 – Possibly a more affordable options for small businesses and owners to reorganize under Chapter 11 of the Bankruptcy Code,” Eckert Seamans’ Construction Law Update, Summer 2020.
- “The “B” Word,” Eckert Seamans’ Construction Law Update, Fall 2017; also published in Construction Executive Magazine, March 27, 2018.
- “Financially troubled projects: Perspectives for the contractor,” co-author, Eckert Seamans’ Construction Law Update, Spring 2010.
- “COVID-19: NY & Mass. Foreclosure Law and Mass. Obsolete Mortgage Law,” co-presenter, CLE webinar for a firm client corporate legal department, June 2020.
- “Commercial Leases: Negotiating Key Provisions,” National Business Institute, February 2014.
- “Top Commercial Bankruptcy Cases of the Year,” Pennsylvania Bar Institute’s 17th Annual Bankruptcy Institute, September 12, 2012.
- “Landlord – Tenant Law: Surviving in a Difficult Economy,” Sterling Education Services, Inc. Continuing Legal Education seminar, January 25, 2012.
- “Protecting the Creditor’s Rights During Bankruptcy, Tips and Strategies for Lawfully Collecting from a Bankrupt Debtor,” National Business Institute, December 8, 2010.
Harry is an avid hunter, fisherman, and competitive shooter. He belongs to a number of local sportsmen’s associations and is a benefactor life member of the National Rifle Association.