Harold F. Balk
Chief Development Officer
As chief development officer for Eckert Seamans, Harold Balk focuses on coaching and training lawyers in business development techniques, in addition to developing practice-specific strategic planning initiatives, acquiring new clients and expanding current client relationships, and cultivating client care programs. Prior to joining the firm, Harold served as a senior business development manager for an AmLaw 100 firm based in Pittsburgh.
His other previous marketing roles include writing and producing print, radio, and television advertising campaigns for Pittsburgh Brewing Company and serving as a National Account Executive of Broadcasting & Promotions for the Pittsburgh Pirates Baseball Club, responsible for media, broadcasting rights, promotions, and on-air production of Pirates baseball. He also worked as a law assistant to the in-house counsel of PrintCafe.com, was the co-owner/operator of Color Me Mine, a paint-your-own ceramic studio in Western Pennsylvania, and was an account executive with KDKA Radio.
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- The National Aviary, Board of Trustees
- Green Oaks Country Club, Board of Directors
- Charity Golf Classic for Pittsburgh Pirates Charities, Chair
- Reading is FUNdamental Pittsburgh, elementary school reading mentor
News and Insights
- “Inside the C-Suite: Firms Drill Down on Selling Services,” The Legal Intelligencer, June 9, 2017.