Gregg D. Michael
Gregg Michael focuses his practice on business counseling, corporate and financial transactions, and technology and licensing. Gregg represents a range of companies, from a multi-national consumer packaged goods company to software, manufacturing, and distribution companies. He provides clients with general business counseling and handles general business matters, such as contract drafting and negotiation, service and consulting agreements, and nondisclosure agreements. He also handles corporate governance matters, including shareholder and board matters, and assists start-up and early-stage companies with formation and capitalization matters. He also represents large institutional lenders and borrowers in corporate financing transactions, including refinancings and mergers and acquisitions, from due diligence through closing transactions. In addition, he handles a significant amount of commercial loan work.
Gregg’s technology and licensing practice includes software licensing, hardware acquisition, and implementation services. Prior to joining Eckert Seamans in 1998, Gregg was general counsel of a multi-national software and information technology consulting company.
- Represents, as outside general counsel, a large multi-national consumer packaged goods company.
- Represented and assisted in the representation of a national retailer’s syndicated financing.
- Represented and assisted in the representation of several large public agency acquisitions of software and hardware systems and integration services relating to the same.
- Represented and assisted in the representation of a telecommunications company’s acquisition of an entire telecommunications network.
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Reading is FUNdamental Pittsburgh, elementary school reading mentor
News and Insights
- “Tips on software license agreements,” Eckert Seamans’ Construction Law Update, Spring 2014.
J.D., Duquesne University School of Law, 1993
B.S., Duquesne University, 1987