Gabriel Vincent Tese
Vince focuses his practice on commercial litigation matters. His experience covers products liability, civil fraud, contracts, property subrogation, criminal prosecution and defense, and federal administrative cases. Vince has first chaired both civil and criminal trials through all case phases, from preliminary investigation through post-trial appellate matters.
Prior to joining Eckert Seamans, Vince served as the Chief Counsel for Letterkenny Army Depot, a half-billion-dollar manufacturing complex within the U.S. Army and the second largest employer in Franklin County, Pennsylvania. As Chief Counsel, Vince led a legal office of four attorneys and support staff and advised executive leadership on all legal matters for the military installation to include representing the agency in federal court and in administrative litigation before several federal governmental boards and commissions. Prior to his role as Chief Counsel, Vince was a litigator for a Farmers Insurance Company, where he handled products liability, civil fraud, contract, and property subrogation cases. His civilian legal experience also entails serving as litigation/ediscovery counsel for Deloitte LLP in NYC.
In addition to his civilian legal career, Vince served in various positions as a member of the U.S. Army Judge Advocate General’s (JAG) and the Military Intelligence (MI) Corps, including but not limited to: military prosecutor at Fort Hood Texas, where he prosecuted several high-profile felony court-martials; state defense counsel for the Pennsylvania Army National Guard; regional defense counsel for the northeast region of the Army National Guard, and Command Judge Advocate of the Army’s most decorated military intelligence unit, the 504th MI Brigade. During his military service, he also served on three overseas tours and deployments to Cuba, Korea, Kuwait, Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Represented an Agency before an Arbitrator for the Federal Labor Relations Authority on a $3M claim for back pay.
- Represented an insured on a property subrogation claim against the City of San Antonio resulting in damages in excess of $2.5M.
- Represented an insurance company on an equitable contribution claim against another insurer resulting in a recovery of over $500K.
- Represented the USG in the re-trial of an overturned kidnapping prosecution, that was set-aside by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the armed Forces because of an improvident guilty plea.
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Judge Advocate Association
- Member, Military Intelligence Corps Association
- Board Member, Prevention Links (a NJ nonprofit)
Awards and Recognition:
- U.S. Army Meritorious Service Medal (x4)
- U.S. Army Commendation Medal (x3)
- Defense Joint Service Achievement Medal
- U.S. Army Achievement Medal (x2)
- U.S. Army Civilian Achievement Medal
- CALI Future Excellence Award for Civil Procedure
News and Insights
- “Ipso Facto: Unclaimed Funds,” Kenny Letter Magazine, Vol. 60-No. 2, March-April 2021
- “Preventing Procurement Fraud,” Kenny Letter Magazine, Vol. 58-No. 4, August-October 2019
- “Investigation 101,” Kenny Letter Magazine, Vol. 58-No. 1, January-February 2019
- “Business Law: The Business of Depot Maintenance,” U.S. Army Materiel Command Counsel, Annual Conference, May 2021.
Vince enjoys spending time outdoors with his three children, hiking, camping and exploring all of the wilderness that Central Pennsylvania has to offer. He also enjoys traveling, reading, creative writing, and volunteering.