Francine F. Li, Ph.D.
Francine Li concentrates her practice on patent prosecution, client counseling, and patent litigation. Francine has represented clients ranging from international and national companies to educational and research institutions and startups.
Prior to practicing law, Francine was a researcher for nearly a decade in the pharmaceutical industry in the areas of drug discovery and development. Her technical background also spans the fields of materials, laboratory automation, and process development and optimization.
Francine’s experience includes the following:
- Drafting, filing and prosecuting U.S. and foreign patent applications
- Assessing patent validity or invalidity; providing freedom-to-operate or infringement opinions
- Counseling clients on patent strategies and portfolio management
- Preparing Paragraph IV Notice Letters pursuant to the Hatch-Waxman Act
- Representing clients in Hatch-Waxman litigation matters
- American Chemical Society
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Sino-American Pharmaceutical Professionals Association
Awards and Recognition:
- Selected for inclusion in Pennsylvania Super Lawyers – Rising Star
U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Ph.D., Carnegie Mellon University
J.D., Villanova University School of Law
B.S., East China University of Science and Technology