Emma M. Lombard
Emma focuses her practice on a broad range of commercial litigation matters, including defense of claims under the Tort Claims Act.
During the course of her legal studies, Emma served as a volunteer law-student extern for the United States Attorneys’ Office for the District of New Jersey, where she primarily worked in the healthcare fraud unit assisting with ongoing investigations. Emma also served as the Corporate Compliance Fellow in the Legal Department of Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey, where she assisted the Regulatory Compliance, Data Privacy, and Risk Management Teams.
- Assists partners representing business owners, insurance carriers, universities, and other entities in defending various tort claims and legal malpractice claims.
- Assists partners representing businesses and other entities experiencing data security incidents, including conducting data breach responses.
News and Insights
- “Connecticut’s New Consumer Privacy Law: What Businesses Should Know,“ Eckert Seamans’ Data Security & Privacy Alert, June 2022.
- “Utah’s New Consumer Privacy Law: What Businesses Should Know,” Eckert Seamans’ Data Security & Privacy Alert, April 2022.
- “How Private Is Your Digital Vaccine Record?” co-author, Bloomberg Law, January 7, 2022.