Elizabeth Martin Colombo
Co-Chair, Women's Initiative at Eckert (WIE)
Elizabeth Colombo focuses her practice on corporate transactional work, specializing in the hospitality industry. Her practice includes the representation of domestic and international hotel and spa management companies, owners, developers, and asset managers in corporate acquisitions and dispositions, as well as the drafting, review, and negotiation of agreements related to: (i) hotel, spa, and restaurant management and asset management; (ii) the purchase and sale of hospitality properties; (iii) the franchising and branding of hotels and spas; (iv) financing arrangements; and (v) a wide range of property-level work for hotel and spa management companies and ownership groups, including filming and location agreements, leases, service agreements, and group sales contracts. Elizabeth has significant business counseling experience and has worked on dozens of corporate transactions outside of the hospitality industry, involving mergers, acquisitions and dispositions of manufacturing and service businesses. Elizabeth has also served as temporary in-house counsel for a leading independent hotel management company.
- Represented a leading independent hotel management company in the negotiation of the management agreement for the first internationally branded hotel in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Represents independent hotel developer in the real property acquisition, management, operation, and financing of the development of a domestic luxury boutique hotel.
- Negotiated spa management agreement for Stockholm-based international luxury spa operator in the negotiation of the spa management agreement for spa in Doha, Qatar.
- Served as hospitality counsel in the acquisition of a leading British hotel management company.
- Represented Bangkok-based international luxury resort and spa brand operator in the negotiation of the spa management agreement and brand tri-party agreement in Almaty, Kazakhstan.
- Negotiated a new franchise arrangement with a major international brand on behalf of a hotel ownership group for a new-build hotel in Hawaii.
- Tickets for Kids-Pittsburgh, Member of the Board of Directors
- Pennsylvania State University Schreyer Honors College, Alumni Interviewer
- Penn State Alumni Association
- William & Mary Law Alumni Ambassador
Awards and Recognition:
- Selected for inclusion in Pennsylvania Super Lawyers – Rising Star
News and Insights
- “The Pittsburgh Hotel Boom: An Inside Perspective from Hospitality Lawyers,” co-presenter CREW Pittsburgh Members Lunch-n-Learn, January 2018.
- “Pittsburgh Hotels: Why So Many New Ones and Who Employs All These People?” co-presenter, Eckert Seamans’ Continuing Legal Education Seminar, August 2016.
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
J.D., College of William & Mary School of Law, 2007; Order of the Barristers; Lead Counsel for the National Trial Team; William & Mary Bill of Rights Journal
B.A. in political science and history, with distinction, Pennsylvania State University, Schreyer Honors College, 2004; Phi Beta Kappa