Christine Boronyak Bowers
Christine Boronyak Bowers utilizes her broad tax experience to provide businesses, individuals, and nonprofit organizations with domestic and international tax planning advice and employee benefit plan counseling.
Christine advises clients on a variety of tax-planning issues involving the formation and operation of corporations and pass-through entities, real estate development activities, like-kind exchanges, financing, withholding, tax incentives and credits, and tax reporting and compliance. She also has experience with the tax aspects of structuring mergers, acquisitions, dispositions and reorganizations. In addition, Christine counsels clients on the design and administration of tax-qualified retirement plans, non-qualified deferred compensation plans, equity compensation plans, employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs), health and welfare plans, and cafeteria plans. She also works with public charities and private foundations on obtaining and maintaining tax-exempt status, corporate governance issues, unrelated business income tax (UBIT), fundraising and joint ventures. Christine regularly represents clients before the IRS and DOL.
Prior to joining Eckert Seamans, Christine served as a law clerk to the Hon. L. Paige Marvel of the United States Tax Court in Washington, D.C., was an international tax manager at a Big Four accounting firm and practiced tax law at large law firms based in Richmond, Virginia, and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
News and Insights
- “IRS Issues Guidance for Individuals, Employers, and Plan Administrators on Coronavirus-Related Distributions from Retirement Plans and the Coronavirus-Related Plan Loan Rules,” Bloomberg Law’s Tax Management Compensation Planning Journal, August 2020.
- “New DOL Safe Harbor Allows More Flexibility for the Electronic Disclosure of Retirement Plan Documents,” Eckert Seamans’ Employee Benefits Alert, July 2020.
- “IRS Issues Guidance for Individuals on Coronavirus-Related Distributions from Retirement Plans,” Eckert Seamans’ Employee Benefits Alert, July 2020.
- “IRS Issues Guidance for Employers and Plan Administrators on Coronavirus-Related Distributions from Retirement Plans and the Coronavirus-Related Plan Loan Modifications,” Eckert Seamans’ Employee Benefits Alert, July 2020.
- “It’s Prime Time for a Primer on HRAs, HSAs, and FSAs,” co-presenter, Eckert Seamans’ Human Resource Forum, November 2019.