Charlotte L. Bednar
Charlotte Bednar is an experienced litigator, handling complex commercial and civil litigation in state and federal courts, at both the trial and appellate level. She represents corporate and individual clients in regulatory, products liability, lender liability, and corporate contract and shareholder disputes. Charlotte has extensive experience conducting depositions and arguing before state and federal courts, as well as ensuring the efficient management of large, complex discovery projects. In addition, her substantial appellate experience includes arguing before the First Circuit Court of Appeals. She also has experience in the areas of environmental law and complex real estate development.
Charlotte’s representation of clients includes extensive defense of financial institutions and servicers in lender liability and bankruptcy litigation. She has also litigated on behalf of and provided counsel to a private school in various federal and state regulatory matters. As part of her products liability practice, Charlotte defends manufacturers of pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and durable medical goods. She also defends manufacturers of other products in response to consumer complaints and demands under consumer protection laws.
- Represented corporate entities and officer in cases alleging breach of fiduciary duty. Obtained dismissal of all claims in these cases, and then successfully argued before the First Circuit to affirm the dismissal after plaintiffs appealed.
- Has represented and counseled a private school in numerous litigation, compliance ,and policy-development matters.
- Obtained dismissal of various cases against financial institutions and loan servicers in cases alleging violations of state and federal truth in lending and consumer protection statutes.
- Represented product manufacturers and sellers in defending against and seeking dismissal of claims concerning medical devices.
- Represented national insurance company, defending against the claims of an insured that the life insurance policy he obtained was not suitable for his needs.
- American Bar Association
- Women’s Bar Association
Awards and Recognition:
- Selected for inclusion as a Massachusetts Super Lawyer – Rising Star
News and Insights
- “Massachusetts Paid Family and Medical Leave Law (PFML) Webinar” , June 2019.
- “Massachusetts Paid Family Medical Leave Law: An Overview” , Eckert Seamans' Labor & Employment Legal Update, May 2019.
Supreme Court of the United States
U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
J.D., cum laude, Harvard Law School, Harvard University, 2003
B.A., magna cum laude, Dartmouth College, 1999