Carolyn Boucek is a litigator, concentrating her practice in the areas of Labor & Employment and Commercial Litigation.
She helps employers and business entities prevent and address litigation related to allegations of employment discrimination and compliance with federal and state employment laws and regulations. In her commercial litigation practice, she helps businesses develop and implement strategies to succeed in litigation surrounding supply-chain integrity, vendor disputes, corporate governance, and contract breakdown. She has experience drafting crucial case documents, such as pleadings, discovery materials, has conducted extensive motions practice.
While in law school, Carolyn was a co-recipient of the CALI Excellence for the Future Awards in International Criminal Law and Constitution Law of the European Union. She also worked as a Research Associate at the Avon Global Center for Women & Justice (now known as the Cornell Center for women, Justice, Economy, & Technology).
Carolyn recently served as a Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Christy Criswell Wiegand of the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania.
- Advises employers in connection with issues regarding allegations of discrimination and compliance with federal and state employment laws and regulations.
- Represents commercial entities and individuals helping them to navigate complex commercial disputes.
- Allegheny County Bar Association – Federal Court Section Council Member
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Mentor 2.0 Program – Big Sister
News and Insights
- “Conducting Strategic Discovery,” co-authored for the ACBA Lawyers Journal, November 2022.
- “The ‘Colorado River’ Abstention: A Potentially Overlooked Forum-Selection Tool,” The Legal Intelligencer, December 8, 2021.
- “Stay at Home Even After COVID-19: Pennsylvania Corporations Can Increase Their Chances of Litigating at Home,” Eckert Seamans’ Legal Update June 18, 2020.
- “U.S. Supreme Court Addresses Non-Signatory’s Enforcement of Arbitration Agreement,” Eckert Seamans’ Legal Update, June 17, 2020.
- “Courts Clash Over Application of the Discovery Rule To Breach of Contract Claims,” The Legal Intelligencer, October 2019.
- “The devil in the details: Using abandoned claims as a sword and a shield,” the ACBA Lawyers Journal, September 2019.
- “New Clarity On Expert Testimony in Pa. State Courts,” Law 360, August 2019.
- “Law School Alumni Climb the Judicial Ladder,” Cornell Law School’s Alumni Magazine, Forum, November 2022.
- “How to Lift Automatic Stays,” National Business Institute (NBI) seminar, March 19, 2020.