Carolyn concentrates her practice in the areas of litigation, bankruptcy, and restructuring.
In her litigation practice, she has experience drafting crucial case documents such as complaints, discovery, pre-trial statements, and motions for clients in a variety of industries. She assists clients navigate commercial disputes such as shareholder derivative actions, contract disputes, arbitrations, and issues of corporate governance. She also has experience conducting focus groups to optimize client outcomes. Carolyn has experience assisting clients with issues involving the Healthcare Quality Improvement Act, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, the Pennsylvania Business Corporation Law, product liability, and class action lawsuits.
In her bankruptcy practice, Carolyn has worked on a number of adversarial proceedings as well as claims settlements. Additionally, she has worked on motion practice concerning plan confirmation and modification. In the context of out-of-court restructurings, she has worked on a number of ethanol projects as well as retail restructurings.
While in law school, Carolyn was a co-recipient of the CALI Excellent for the Future Awards in International Criminal Law and Constitutional Law of the European Union. She also worked as a research associate at the Avon Global Center for Women and Justice (now known as the Cornell Center for Women, Justice, Economy & Technology).
- Advises corporate and municipal clients in connection to issues involving bankruptcy, including adversarial proceedings, and restructuring.
- Represents individuals and corporations helping them to navigate complex commercial disputes such as breaches of contract, class actions, and shareholder derivative actions.
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Reading is FUNdamental Pittsburgh, elementary school reading mentor
- Upper St. Clair Youth Steering Committee volunteer
News and Insights
- “Courts Clash Over Application of the Discovery Rule To Breach of Contract Claims,” The Legal Intelligencer, October 2019.
- “The devil in the details: Using abandoned claims as a sword and a shield,” the ACBA Lawyers Journal, September 2019.
- “New Clarity On Expert Testimony in Pa. State Courts,” Law 360, August 2019.
J.D. with public law concentration, Cornell Law School, Cornell University, 2017; Journal of Law & Public Policy, Managing Editor
B.A. in philosophy and history, summa cum laude, University of Pittsburgh, 2014