Brooke A. Scicchitano
Brooke Scicchitano focuses her practice on professional liability matters with particular emphasis on the defense of health care providers, hospitals, and physicians in complex medical malpractice actions.
- Philadelphia’s Young Lawyers Division
- Minding Your Mind, Young Professionals executive board. Minding Your Mind is an organization that works to provide mental health education to adolescents, teens and young adults in the Northeast region.
Awards and Recognition:
- Order of the Barristers Recognition for Excellence in the Art of Courtroom Advocacy
- Award for Exemplary Moot Court Performance (2020)
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award/Best Student Performance: Legal Methods I, 2017
- New York Bar Moot Court Competition 2019: Second Best Brief Award
- Thurgood Marshall Memorial Moot Court Competition 2019: Second Best Brief Award
- Drexel University, Kline School of Law Exemplary Moot Court Performance Overall Award: 2019 – 2020
News and Insights
- “Pennsylvania Supreme Court Restores Statutory Protections For Peer Review Materials,” Eckert Seamans’ Professional Liability Alert, August 2021.
- “Consent to Battery: Does Saying “Yes” Make it Right?” 54 UC Davis L.R. 1853 (2021)
- “The Superior Court of Pennsylvania’s Interpretation of The Fair Share Act in Spencer v. Johnson, No. 2021 WL 1035175 (Pa. Super. Ct. Mar. 18, 2021) May Signal A Return to Traditional Joint and Several Liability,” Eckert Seamans’ Professional Liability Alert, March 25, 2021.
- “The Defense Attorney’s Perspective,” book chapter co-author, Malpractice and Liability in Psychiatry, Springer Nature Publishing, (anticipated) Summer 2021.