Brooke A. Scicchitano
Brooke Scicchitano focuses her practice on professional liability matters with particular emphasis on the defense of health care providers, hospitals, and physicians in complex medical malpractice actions.
- Member of The Pennsylvania Supreme Court Interbranch Commission on Gender, Racial, and Ethnic Fairness
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Pennsylvania (“APABA-PA”)
- Pennsylvania Bar Association – Minority Committee
- Philadelphia’s Young Lawyers Division
- Minding Your Mind, Young Professionals executive board. Minding Your Mind is an organization that works to provide mental health education to adolescents, teens and young adults in the Northeast region.
Awards and Recognition:
- Selected for inclusion in Pennsylvania Super Lawyers – Rising Stars, 2023
- Order of the Barristers Recognition for Excellence in the Art of Courtroom Advocacy
- Award for Exemplary Moot Court Performance (2020)
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award/Best Student Performance: Legal Methods I, 2017
- New York Bar Moot Court Competition 2019: Second Best Brief Award
- Thurgood Marshall Memorial Moot Court Competition 2019: Second Best Brief Award
- Drexel University, Kline School of Law Exemplary Moot Court Performance Overall Award: 2019 – 2020
News and Insights
- “Superior Court Clarifies Required Processes and Procedures for Healthcare Institutions to Preserve Privilege for Investigations Pursuant to MCARE Act,” co-author, Eckert Seamans’ Professional Liability Update, September 2023.
- Advisory Board Member and Contributing Editor to the LexisNexis Practice Guide: Pennsylvania Civil Trial Practice, 2022.
- “Changes to Pennsylvania’s Medical Malpractice Venue Rule Will Have Sweeping Effects,” Eckert Seamans’ Professional Liability Update, September 2022.
- “The Defense Attorney’s Perspective,” book chapter co-author, Malpractice and Liability in Psychiatry, Springer Nature Publishing, March 2022.
- “Pennsylvania Supreme Court Restores Statutory Protections For Peer Review Materials,” Eckert Seamans’ Professional Liability Alert, August 2021.
- “Consent to Battery: Does Saying “Yes” Make it Right?” 54 UC Davis L.R. 1853 (2021)
- “The Superior Court of Pennsylvania’s Interpretation of The Fair Share Act in Spencer v. Johnson, No. 2021 WL 1035175 (Pa. Super. Ct. Mar. 18, 2021) May Signal A Return to Traditional Joint and Several Liability,” Eckert Seamans’ Professional Liability Alert, March 25, 2021.
- “Eckert Seamans’ 2022 Professional Liability Update,” March 2022.
- “Eckert Seamans’ 2021 Professional Liability Update,” March 2021.
- “Eckert Seamans Attorneys Named to 2023 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists,” May 2023.
- “Eckert Seamans Team Secures Victory for Philadelphia Pro Bono Client in Personal Injury Case,” May 2023.
- “Eckert Seamans Attorney Named to The Pennsylvania Supreme Court Interbranch Commission on Gender, Racial, and Ethnic Fairness,” January 2023.
- “Medical Experts,” presented to student at Drexel University Thomas R. Kline School of Law, October 2022.
- “Medical Experts,” presented to student at Drexel University Thomas R. Kline School of Law, February 2021.