Briar L. McNutt
Briar McNutt practices in the areas of securities law and corporate and business transactions. She works with clients in a variety of industries, including biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, and software and applications development and integration.
- Represents publicly-held companies with securities listed on the New York Stock Exchange and securities trading on the OTC market and advises them with respect to registered and unregistered securities offerings, reporting obligations, shareholder relations, auditor matters, and satisfaction of stock exchange listing requirements and OTC market disclosure requirements.
- Represents public and private companies in mergers, acquisitions, equity and debt securities offerings, and recapitalization transactions.
- Represents a major U.S. pharmaceutical supply chain services company in negotiating distribution, supply, packaging, clinical trial services, and other service contracts.
- Advises public and private companies with respect to corporate governance requirements and best practices and codes of conduct.
- Assists early-stage companies with private placements and venture capital transactions, as well as day-to-day corporate law compliance and shareholder matters.
- New York State Bar Association, Member
News and Insights
- “SEC v. Bank of America Corporation: SEC May Name Executive and Lawyers As Additional Defendants,” Financial Fraud Law Report, December 2009.
- “SEC Guidance on Company Website Use,” co-authored with Elizabeth Simon, Law Journal Newsletters – Internet Law & Strategies, October 2008.
Mary Ann Walton
J.D., New York University School of Law, 1994
B.A., cum laude, Williams College, 1990