Briar L. McNutt
Briar McNutt represents and advises clients with respect to commercial, corporate, and securities matters. She has extensive experience in representing multinational corporations offering global supply chain and logistics services in the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries – counseling and providing them with legal support for a wide variety of business transactions and drafting and negotiating distribution, supply, packaging, clinical trial support, and other service contracts.
Briar also advises public and private companies of all sizes with respect to securities law matters. She advises multinational companies on design and implementation of employee stock purchase plans to comply with federal and state securities laws, including plans offering ADRs to U.S. employees. She counsels and provides legal support to investment fund clients in the hospitality industry regarding compliance with federal and state securities law requirements in connection with private investment offerings. Briar also assists publicly-held companies with securities listed on the New York Stock Exchange and securities trading on the OTC market with respect to registered and unregistered securities offerings, reporting and disclosure obligations, shareholder relations, corporate governance and best practices, and satisfaction of stock exchange listing requirements.
- Represents publicly-held companies with securities listed on the New York Stock Exchange and securities trading on the OTC market and advises them with respect to registered and unregistered securities offerings, reporting obligations, shareholder relations, auditor matters, and satisfaction of stock exchange listing requirements and OTC market disclosure requirements.
- Represents public and private companies in mergers, acquisitions, equity and debt securities offerings, and recapitalization transactions.
- Represents a major U.S. pharmaceutical supply chain services company in negotiating distribution, supply, packaging, clinical trial services, and other service contracts.
- Advises public and private companies with respect to corporate governance requirements and best practices and codes of conduct.
- Assists early-stage companies with private placements and venture capital transactions, as well as day-to-day corporate law compliance and shareholder matters.
- New York State Bar Association, Member
News and Insights
- “What Entrepreneurs and Organizers Can Say and Do at “Demo Days” under the SEC’s Safe Harbor,” Eckert Seamans’ Securities Law Update, May 3, 2022.
- “Securities Law Alert: SEC Adopt Crowdfunding Rules,” Eckert Seamans’ Securities and Compliance Alert, November 2015.
- “SEC v. Bank of America Corporation: SEC May Name Executive and Lawyers As Additional Defendants,” Financial Fraud Law Report, December 2009.
- “SEC Guidance on Company Website Use,” co-authored with Elizabeth Simon, Law Journal Newsletters – Internet Law & Strategies, October 2008.