April Morgan Hincy
Vice Chair, Financial Services Litigation Group
April Hincy practices primarily in the area of commercial business litigation and also handles real estate, transactional, and regulatory compliance matters.
- Litigation experience including lender and servicer liability, class actions, contractual disputes, RESPA, TILA and EFTA compliance, labor and employment matters, construction litigation and mechanic’s liens, medical and professional malpractice claims, unemployment compensation, administrative hearings, insurance coverage disputes, bad faith actions, products liability, intellectual property infringement, predatory lending, and mass tort litigation.
- Transactional experience including advising on regulatory compliance including RESPA, TILA, and EFTA, handling real estate transactions, negotiating asset purchase agreements, negotiating contractual relationships, creating employment policies and handbooks, and preparing employment agreements.
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- West Virginia Bar Association
- Washington and Jefferson College, Alumni Mentor
Awards and Recognition:
- Selected for inclusion in Pennsylvania Super Lawyers – Rising Star
- Graduate of the Coro Center for Civil Leadership Women in Leadership XII program, a collaborative project among the Executive Women’s Council, Duquesne University’s Non-Profit Leadership Institute, and the Coro Center for Civic Leadership, 2009
Charleston, West Virginia
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of West Virginia
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
Supreme Court of the United States
J.D., cum laude, Duquesne University School of Law, 2001; Associate Recent Decision Editor, Duquesne Law Review
B.A., magna cum laude, Washington & Jefferson College, 1997; Phi Beta Kappa