Eckert Seamans has a tremendous track record of attracting and retaining lateral candidates—in fact, the firm has nearly doubled in size over the past 15 years due to strategic, successful lateral hiring.
We understand that transitioning to a new law firm is a major step, professionally and personally. The lawyers we meet tell us they are interested in a move for many different reasons. But time and again, they are looking for the next challenge in their legal careers, to be part of a more client-focused, collegial and team-oriented environment, and finally, a firm they can call home for the long run. And that’s what they find when they join Eckert Seamans.
Our goal is to do everything possible to help you assess whether Eckert Seamans is the right fit for you and your clients. When we hire lateral partners and associates, we look for a good fit both professionally and personally and seek outstanding lawyers who share our values and team approach to legal practice.
Lateral recruitment is just the beginning. We understand that seamless integration is critical to each lawyer’s success and to ours, and we do not take this responsibility lightly. Eckert Seamans’ chief development officer leads the firm’s comprehensive lateral integration process, which helps lawyers assimilate into our culture quickly, assuring a smooth, well-organized transition, and access to key cross-marketing opportunities.
Eckert Seamans also appreciates the value of the clerkship experience. The insights and experience of a former judicial clerk bring immeasurable value to our clients and our practice of law. We seek out and reward former clerks who have experience in state and federal courts and are looking to begin private practice.
In Eckert Seamans’ effort to ensure that we continue to attract the best talent, we offer competitive salaries along with a comprehensive benefits package. The benefits package that is currently available to full-time attorneys includes:
- Health Insurance & Health Savings Account
- Full-time attorneys are eligible to participate in the firm’s consumer-directed health plan. Participation in the health plan qualifies employees to open a tax-advantaged health savings account (HSA), which the firm contributes to annually.
- 401(k) Plan
- Attorneys at Eckert Seamans can participate in the firm’s profit sharing plan beginning the first of the month following the date of hire. In addition, once attorneys begin to make 401(k) contributions, they will receive a quarterly matching contribution from the firm.
- Professional & Client Development
- In order to maintain our high caliber of client service, we encourage continued growth as professionals through ongoing training and building the foundation for strong client relationships through opportunities to connect outside of the office. The firm reimburses attorneys for costs associated with approved career and client development opportunities.
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Time Off
- LifeBalance: Employee Assistance Program
- Commuter Benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Bar Association Reimbursement
- Disciplinary Board Fee Reimbursement
- Smartphone and Tablet Program
Please see Current Openings for information about available positions at Eckert Seamans.