Eckert Seamans has a true depth and breadth of experience in defending product liability suits and counseling corporate clients to avoid claims. The firm's representation has spanned local, regional and national product litigation involving diverse industries and products. Eckert Seamans has defended thousands of product liability claims, including cases involving:
- Benzene, isocyanates and other industrial chemicals;
- Asbestos-based products;
- Automobiles and other vehicles;
- Medical devices and pharmaceuticals;
- Various types of industrial, office, agricultural and construction equipment;
- Consumer products;
- Fire cause and origin analysis;
- Food-borne illness cases;
- Power tools and recreational equipment;
- Mass torts/toxic tort claims.
By virtue of this representation and the firm's general litigation experience, Eckert Seamans’ attorneys are well equipped both to serve as trial counsel and to coordinate the defense of product liability claims of local, regional or national scope.
The firm's background and experience in this practice area give rise to significant efficiencies, such as:
- Minimization of the "learning curve" involved in handling any new matter;
- The prompt development of effective defense strategies;
- Immediate access to the firm's significant legal and factual database relating to causation, exposure and liability issues commonly encountered in this type of litigation;
- The early identification and retention of appropriate experts to deal with medical, toxicological, industrial hygiene, warnings and other issues;
- The earliest possible evaluation of the merits of a claim to facilitate implementation of the client's defense strategy and the ultimate disposition of the case.
In support of the firm's litigation practice, Eckert Seamans developed a unique Litigation Management OnlineSM Center (LMOSM). The LMOSM mission is to support Eckert Seamans and outside counsel in the coordination and defense of asbestos exposure claims and other large volume litigation matters. The LMOSM staff is organized into functional groups that include complaint processing, discovery, resource management and claims processing. Through the use of advanced technology, including proprietary Lotus Notes-based electronic case management systems, the LMOSM staff provides an efficient and cost-effective operation to support all aspects of the litigation process.
John E. Hall
Edward A. Gray
View All Attorneys in
Litigator Jerrell Williams Joins Eckert Seamans in Richmond
Erin Kawa Joins Eckert Seamans’ Harrisburg Office
Leading Philadelphia Trial Attorney Mark Levy Joins Eckert Seamans
Eckert Seamans Adds Litigator Jessica Wuebker in Philadelphia
32 Eckert Seamans Attorneys Named Among The Best Lawyers in America®