George Jiang focuses his practice on commercial litigation and construction matters. He also possesses experience counseling clients regarding environmental matters and white collar criminal defense. George is a member of the firm’s Pro Bono Committee.
Before joining Eckert Seamans, George served as a judicial law clerk for the Hon. Nora Barry Fischer of the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania and for the Hon. Brian L. Owsley of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas. In addition, he served as executive articles editor for the Journal of Legislation while he attended law school.
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Chair of the Asian Attorneys Committee
- Greater Pittsburgh Chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union, Legal Committee Member
News and Insights
- “Inadvertent Loss of the Attorney-Client Privilege in a Corporate Transaction,” co-author, Westlaw Journal Professional Liability, January 2017.
- “Examining Pennsylvania’s doctrine of unconscionability,” co-authored for PA Business Quarterly, January 2017.
- “Inadvertent Loss of the Attorney/Client Privilege in a Corporate Transaction,” co-author, Wall Street Lawyer, November 2016.
- “New FAA rules impacting the use of drones over construction sites,” Eckert Seamans’ Construction Law Update, Fall 2016.
- “Don’t Make Assumptions About Differing Site Conditions,” Construction Executive, August 2016.
- “Pa. Courts Address ‘Unconscionability’ in Business Contracts,” co-authored for The Legal Intelligencer, July 2016.
- “Attorneys’ Fees in AAA Arbitrations: Don’t Be Caught Off Guard,” Construction Executive, June 2016.
- “Differing site condition defense rejected,” Eckert Seamans’ Construction Law Update, Spring 2016.
- “Attorneys’ fees in AAA arbitrations,” Eckert Seamans’ Construction Law Update, Fall 2015.
- “Can Good Faith Refusal to Pay Expose You to Recovery of Attorney’s Fees?” Breaking Ground Magazine, September/October 2015.
- “Recovery of attorney fees,” Eckert Seamans’ Construction Law Update, Spring 2015.
- “Changes coming to the PA Mechanics’ Lien Law,” co-authored, Eckert Seamans’ Construction Law Update, Fall 2014; Construction Law Section Newsletter, Allegheny County Bar Association, Winter 2015.
- “AAA Update,” Eckert Seamans’ Construction Law Update, Fall 2014.
- “Rain or Shine: Fair and Other Non-Infringing Uses in the Context of Cloud Computing,” 36 J. Legis. 395 (2010)
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
J.D., cum laude, University of Notre Dame Law School, 2011; Executive Articles Editor, Journal of Legislation
B.A., magna cum laude, Vanderbilt University, 2008