1717 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.
Washington, DC 20006
Kathleen Gallagher has a wide range of experience in complex commercial and business matters in areas such as contract, trademark, securities fraud, and environmental disputes. Additionally, she has significant experience in AAA arbitration matters. Kathleen also has an active practice in the area of real estate and land use. She is the Legal Consultant to Star 100.7, a division of Infinity Broadcasting.
- Successfully represented the court-appointed receiver in bankruptcy in a case seeking recovery in excess of $60 million for breach of an oral contract to provide software to run a steel processing plant which cost in excess of $250 million; case settled after opening statements;
- Successfully defended licensee corporation in a multi-jurisdictional $75 million claim for breach of a license agreement;
- Successfully defended a privately held corporation, its officers and directors, and related trusts in a multi-jurisdictional, multi-million dollar dispute alleging fraud, breach of fiduciary duty and breach of contract;
- Significant experience in conducting internal investigations under the Corporate Governance provisions of both the United States Department of Justice and the United Stated Department of Environmental Resources for both publicly traded and privately held corporations;
- Represents publicly traded residential builders, as well as private entities, in matters involving land use, development, zoning environmental and commercial litigation matters;
- Represented the 2001 Reapportionment Commission of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, successfully defending the 2001 decennial Commonwealth redistricting plan before the Pennsylvania Supreme Court;
- Currently represents the Republican Caucus of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives in conjunction with the 2011 State and Congressional decennial redistricting of the Commonwealth.
E-Discovery and Information Management
White Collar Defense and Internal Investigations
J.D., Duquesne University School of Law, 1982
B.A., Grove City College, 1979, summa cum laude
U.S. District Courts for the Western District of Pennsylvania and Western District of Michigan
U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Second, Third and Seventh Circuits
not admitted in DC
Member of the Local Rules Advisory Committee of the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
Member of the Federal Judicial Nominating Commission for the Western District of Pennsylvania
Former adjunct member of the La Roche College Faculty
Board of Directors of the St. Anthony Charitable Foundation
Board of Directors of the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation of Western Pennsylvania
Board of Directors of The Heinz History Center
Former Member of the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors of the YMCA of Pittsburgh, developed and chaired the 2007 and 2008 YMCA Season of Giving Galas
Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh’s Children’s Challenge Board
Member of the Executive Board of Directors of the Anne B. Anstine Excellence in Public Service Series
Appointed by Pennsylvania Governor Tom Corbett to the Higher Education Advisory Panel
Appointed by U.S. Senator Arlen Specter to serve on the Federal Judicial Nominating Commission for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- “Sources of Power and Influence Strategies,” Speaker/Panelist at the Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Women in the Profession Mid-Year Meeting, March 30, 2011.
- "Networking Strategies,” Speaker/Panelist at the meeting of the Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Women in the Profession, November 8, 2008.
- Frequent speaker on the unique issues raised in the financial and private business sectors in light of both the Sarbanes-Oxley legislation and the U.S. Patriot Act.
- Quoted in the Pittsburgh Business Times regarding the steps which a corporation can take to protect itself from economic loss and potential liability due to employee fraud, as well as land development issues.
Back to Top