Bridget Montgomery handles a wide variety of complex commercial and class action disputes before state and federal courts, agencies, and arbitration panels. Bridget's areas of expertise include contracts, financial transactions, trade secrets, shareholder and partnership disputes, consumer protection, non-competition, statutory claims, and constitutional challenges. Bridget served two terms as a federal law clerk in the United States Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania, and from there went on to build a wide-ranging federal and state practice representing business interests of many companies and individuals in various jurisdictions, including counseling, mediation, and litigation services. She is recognized for her legal skills as well as service to the bench, bar, and community. Bridget is a graduate of The Pennsylvania State University and University of Pennsylvania Law School, where she served as Editor-In-Chief of the Penn Law/Wharton Comparative Labor Law Journal.
- Representation and counseling of publicly traded international manufacturing company in numerous business disputes, including contract, trade secrets, non-compete, premises liability, and real estate disputes;
- Representation and counseling of international vehicle rental company in numerous business disputes, including class actions, contract, real estate, and consumer protection disputes;
- Representation of various companies in trademark and patent disputes;
- Representation and counseling of various companies related to non-compete agreements and employment-related issues;
- Representation of various companies, partners, members, and shareholders in partnership, member, and shareholder disputes;
- Representation of financial institutions, including lender liability, unauthorized access to accounts, and 4,300-member class action related to customer accounts;
- Representation and counseling of various companies related to disputes over financial transactions and business ventures, including joint ventures, real estate investment and development, construction, lending transactions, and bond transactions.
Alternate Dispute Resolution
Trucking and Logistics
J.D., University of Pennsylvania Law School, 1989, Editor-In-Chief, Labor Law Journal, a joint publication of the Law School and the Wharton School of Business
B.S., The Pennsylvania State University, 1986, highest distinction
U.S. Supreme Court
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
Co-Chair of the Magistrate Judge Selection Committee by the United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
Co-Chair, Pennsylvania Bar Association Task Force on Judicial Conduct Code
Third Circuit Vice President, Federal Bar Association
Chair, Continuing Legal Education Committee, Middle District Chapter of the Federal Bar Association
Co-originator and editor of the Middle District Manual (Now in 9th Edition)
Past Chair and Member, Pennsylvania Supreme Court Committee on Rules of Evidence
Past Member, Pennsylvania Supreme Court's Appellate Rules Committee
Past President, Middle District Chapter of Federal Bar Association
Past Chair and Member, Middle District Court's Lawyer’s Advisory Committee
Past Member, Third Circuit Court of Appeal Lawyers Advisory Committee
Past Vice-Chair, Pennsylvania Bar Association Federal Practice Committee
Past Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association House of Delegates
Past Chair and Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association Judicial Selection and Administration Committee Past Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association Judicial Candidates Ratings Reform Committee and Judicial
Campaign Advertising Committee
Past Director, Dauphin County Bar Association
Executive Committee and Board Member, Central Pennsylvania Food Bank
Board Member, Samara, Inc.
Rotary Club of Harrisburg
Selected for inclusion in Chambers USA America’s Leading Lawyers for General Commercial Litigation
2013 Outstanding Service Award, Federal Bar Association, for service as the Third Circuit Vice President and for her continuing legal education efforts
YWCA of Greater Harrisburg 2010 Woman of Excellence
2009 Outstanding Service Award, United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- "Welcome to the Practice of Law: Stuff They Don't Tell You in Law School," a presentation at the Dauphin County Courthouse, November 2014.
- "It's a Jungle Gym, Not a Ladder," a panel discussion at the Pennsylvania Bar Association Commission on Women in the Profession Annual Conference, May 2014.
- “Overcoming Obstacles to Success," a panel presentation during the Pennsylvania Bar Association Women in the Profession annual retreat, November 2013.
- “United States Supreme Court Watch: Highlights of the 2012-2013 Term,” a continuing legal education presentation for the Dauphin County Bar Association, August 2013.
- “Civil and Criminal Pretrial Evidentiary Hearings: Beyond the Basics,” planner and moderator during a continuing legal education presentation co-sponsored by The Middle District of PA Chapter of the Federal Bar Association and The Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Federal Practice Committee, June 2013.
- “Trial Practice and Advocacy in the Federal Middle District of Pennsylvania,” a continuing legal education presentation sponsored by the Pennsylvania Bar Institute, October 2012.
- "PBA Proposes Changes to Judicial Conduct Code,” quoted, The Legal Intelligencer, May 21, 2013.